ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Question regarding citizenship application and old BRP card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Doc2020
Egypt

Urgent Question regarding citizenship application and old BRP card

Post by Doc2020 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I appreciate your urgent help with this!

I’ve received the email today confirming that I’ve been granted ILR and asking me to send my current BRP card as soon as possible. My concern is, I’ve used this BRP as my prof of identity for my English language test and I believe I need to provide it as part of my documents when applying for citizenship which I’m doing as soon as I receive my ILR card. What should I do?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Urgent Question regarding citizenship application and old BRP card

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Not an issue - you just provide your B1 certificate. It often happens that applicants did their tests with identity documents that are expired, lost or retained by their national authorities by the time they apply for naturalisation..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Doc2020
Egypt

Re: Urgent Question regarding citizenship application and old BRP card

Post by Doc2020 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:17 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm
Not an issue - you just provide your B1 certificate. It often happens that applicants did their tests with identity documents that are expired, lost or retained by their national authorities by the time they apply for naturalisation..
Thanks alterhase for your reply