ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCA Masters Course Top up - Confirmation for PGWP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarmadgul
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ACCA Masters Course Top up - Confirmation for PGWP

Post by sarmadgul » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am

Hi all,
I am planning to enroll in a course in the UK Masters Financial Management program which is providing me an exemption for 6 months from the total 1-year course(Considering that I am ACCA qualified). This means the course timelines are only for 6 to 8 months and the final award is going to be MSC Financial Management. I would like to know the following:

1. Will I be eligible for a Tier 4 student visa?
2. How long will the visa be issued for considering my course only last 6 to 8 months?
3. Will I be eligible for a post-graduate work permit considering new regulations? I have learned from different consultants that as per new regulations, students get open work permit post-graduation, but I am not sure if this would be applicable in my case

Really appreciate if someone can clarify on the above points.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: ACCA Masters Course Top up - Confirmation for PGWP

Post by sah10406 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am

sarmadgul wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am
1. Will I be eligible for a Tier 4 student visa?
Check this with the college or university.
sarmadgul wrote:
2. How long will the visa be issued for considering my course only last 6 to 8 months?
See page 65 of the Tier 4 policy guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
sarmadgul wrote:
3. Will I be eligible for a post-graduate work permit considering new regulations? I have learned from different consultants that as per new regulations, students get open work permit post-graduation, but I am not sure if this would be applicable in my case.
The detailed eligibility for the scheme has not been published yet, but the government has published a detailed factsheet about the plans for the scheme:

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/201 ... ion-route/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.