ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Spouse Visa - query about finances

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kayden411
Newly Registered

Applying for Spouse Visa - query about finances

Post by kayden411 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:58 am

Hi All

first time poster so please bear with me if I leave anything out or sound unclear (also first time visa application!)

My wife and I got married in the USA (where she is from) and we are doing her application together. She has savings and I earn well above the £18K requirement but I have an issue.

I have a relative who has used my bank account for their earnings since the dawn of time (my mother, she's a bit older and we live together) and it's never been an issue or raised before

There is nowhere to declare on the application that sums of money are deposited but are not mine (they are taxed and legitimate earnings). Will this be an issue on the application? Any insight would be appreciated

Also what is the best and cheapest way to get the legal occupancy of our home done for the applciation?

thank you in advance for any help you can give!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Applying for Spouse Visa - query about finances

Post by geoeng » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:14 pm

kayden411 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:58 am
There is nowhere to declare on the application that sums of money are deposited but are not mine (they are taxed and legitimate earnings). Will this be an issue on the application? Any insight would be appreciated
The bank statements are only to show that the income you are relying on is being deposited into your account, whatever else you have going on isn't really relevant. You should also note the following requirement as it wasn't clear from your post if you mother was also named on the account or just used your account:
"in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate"
kayden411 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:58 am
Also what is the best and cheapest way to get the legal occupancy of our home done for the applciation?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. If you rent, a tenancy agreement will show this. If you do not own the accommodation, you would also need a letter from the property owner giving permission for your wife to join you. If you own the accommodation, you could use a copy of the property deeds, a letter from a bank or building society as to the mortgage arrangements, etc. If a family member owns the accommodation, you can use a combination of the above.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

kayden411
Newly Registered

Post by kayden411 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Thank you so much for your reply - sorry I didnt make it clear (the bank account is in my name and only my name)

The tenancy agreement isnt in my name but I live with my mother. Her agreement states she can have family members stay with her for up to 12 months with no variance in her agreement with them.

Again thank you - just nervous as have never done this before and can afford to talk to it up haha!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:43 pm

kayden411 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm
Thank you so much for your reply - sorry I didnt make it clear (the bank account is in my name and only my name)

The tenancy agreement isnt in my name but I live with my mother. Her agreement states she can have family members stay with her for up to 12 months with no variance in her agreement with them.

Again thank you - just nervous as have never done this before and can afford to talk to it up haha!
If you will meet the financial requirement through working then except the wages credit no other incoming or outgoings will matter. Better to ask noc letter from the actual owner of the property (housing association/council/estate agent/private landlord) to meet the accomodation requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.