ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Outside of uk before naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GMO
Mood:

Re: Outside of uk before naturalisation application

Post by GMO » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot :D

Kind regards and all the best.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi,

Due to the current scenario, Its delaying my travel flying back to uk. My question is can expert please let me know that is there any time limit (other than 90 days period,12 months) ?
I mean , Other that naturalisation absence period, is there any other limit or period restricted to stay outside of uk while you are in ILR. or your ILR will get cancel or something like that if you stay out of the uk .

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:30 am

Anybody can help me on the above query please .

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:43 am

Hi,

Due to the current scenario, Its delaying my travel flying back to uk. My question is can expert please let me know that is there any time limit (other than 90 days period,12 months) ?
I mean , Other that naturalisation absence period, is there any other limit or period restricted to stay outside of uk while you are in ILR. or your ILR will get cancel or something like that if you stay out of the uk .

Kindly let me know.

Thanks
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:35 pm
GMO wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:15 pm
Hi again ,

Finally my outside of the uk dates are sorted and it would be great if you can help with my exact naturalisation application date please.

I was out side of uk in 2019, 1jun to 21 July ( 52 days )

In 2020, 1 feb to 22 March ( 51 days)

In MY calculation of absence in 90 days, I think I can apply for naturalisation in mid June 2020. Please let me know if I’m correct.

Kind Regards

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:01 pm
I cant give you the exact date as I dont have your March 2019 and March 2020 entry exit dates. However, as per your description its clear that you qualify in Apr/May 2020.

Lets say you plan to apply on 5th May 2020, just make sure you do not exceed more than 90 days between 5th May 2019 and 5th May 2020. Otherwise adjust your application date backwards or forward accordingly.

Also, very important, lets say you apply on 5th May 2020, make sure you were physically present in UK on 5th May 2015(start of the qualifying period). That is a mandatory requirement to meet also. Otherwise adjust your application date accordingly.
Correct about that time. Lets say 17th June 2020. Make sure you are not outside UK for more than 90 days between 17th June 2019 till 17th June 2020.

You are physically present in UK on 17th June 2015.

You are not outside UK for more than 450 days between 17th June 2015 to 17th June 2020.
(if you are applying on your own and qualifying period is 5 years)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:14 am

Note, we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum, with normal work and family committments. The forum is not an "on demand" device and there is no need to post the same post again and again in a short space of time.

ILR is lost if you are absent from the UK for 2 years or more, as is clear in ho rules and posted many times in the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:22 am

Thank you for your reply. So if I am not wrong then maximum continuous 2 years you can stay outside of uk in ILR.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Apologies.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Wed May 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi again,

Hope you all are staying safe and ok.

Due to the current scenario i couldn't fly back to UK on due time. MY question is, how it will effect my Citizenship application 90 days absence period?

Is there any consideration regards to the absence period for British citizenship applicationdue to the global pandemic?

Experts please let me know.

Thanks
Kind Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:21 pm

There has been no pronouncement made on this and I very much doubt there will be any concession. Naturalisation is not an immigration application where timings I believe are important. You don't have to apply immediately when you are eligible - you could delay your application until the absences are nearer the expected level, or not apply at all.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Thanks for your reply .