ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sal911
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Advice

Post by sal911 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can give me confirmation that I have researched the correct route to achieve leave to enter the UK correctly.

I have a family member (non EEA National) who is the spouse of an EEA national who does not have 'settled' status. They got married in Malawi 3 years ago and have been living together in Malawi ever since. They are considering moving to the UK if there is a route to enter.

He (the EEA national) has lived and worked in the UK previously for a period of about 2 years pre 2017. They are considering travelling together to the UK if leave is granted. The research I have done indicates she needs to apply for an EEA Family Permit and he is ok to travel with his European passport without the need to apply for anything specific. The Family Permit, if approved will be valid for 6 months.

Once they are in the UK, they would then both need to apply under the EU settlement scheme and if approved will gain them both 'pre-settled' status.

Firstly, have I understood everything correctly and is the Family Permit the correct route for leave to enter?

Thanks in advance

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: EEA Family Permit Advice

Post by Richard W » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:27 pm

sal911 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:59 pm
Firstly, have I understood everything correctly and is the Family Permit the correct route for leave to enter?
All seems correct. The family permit is only essential if your family member would need a visa to visit the UK.

sal911
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Advice

Post by sal911 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Yes she would need a visa for the UK without a family permit.