ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Department of Justice and Equality to shut or not ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

volkanakdugan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Is Department of Justice and Equality to shut or not ?

Post by volkanakdugan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Folks, I was planning to send naturalisation application forms this week. A bit confused after the announcement about schools, colleges and government facilities shut down in Ireland. Anybody knows, how does Department of Justice and Equality Citizenship Office impacted from this ? I do not want risk submitting documents if its shutdown - my original passports will be inside.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Is Department of Justice and Equality to shut or not ?

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 am

No. Government facilities are not closed.

The announcement made by Leo Varadkar says all schools, colleges, childcare facilities and all public facilities (libraries, parks etc) will be closed.

Certain immigration-related governmental services such as tribunal hearings and international protection interviews are suspended. All suspended services are clearly stated on INIS.gov.ie website. Citizenship department is not on the suspended list at the moment (and I don’t think they need to be suspended - they don’t need to see strangers every day).