ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kevinwb
Newly Registered

Income

Post by Kevinwb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:37 am

I am applying on behalf of my wife. My pension income is £14000.00 pa. I have gross rental income of £7,100,00 pa. and a zero hours contract which in 6 months has earned £8000.00 gross so a total of £29,100.00

Which meets and exceeds the government minimum

My question is will the zero hours contract income be taken into consideration

And secondly. The income from the rental property is taxable. My account is paid up for 2018/19. Will the tax year 2019/2020 have to be paid in full to further the application ?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Income

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:58 am

Kevinwb wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:37 am
Yes. You can include it if you want to.
Kevinwb wrote:
The income from the rental property is taxable. My account is paid up for 2018/19. Will the tax year 2019/2020 have to be paid in full to further the application ?
I don't want to give a definite answer on this as I'm not exceptionally familiar with the relevant provisions of the immigration rules. The details are available in the guidance document linked below from page 40 for non-employment income. In general, it is gross income that is counted towards the financial requirement and the information detailing the associated specified evidence for rental income does not discuss the need for evidence of tax paid. That said, if the income is directed through a company you own rather than paid to you directly, there may be different rules that apply.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Income

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Kevinwb wrote:
I am applying on behalf of my wife. My pension income is £14000.00 pa. I have gross rental income of £7,100,00 pa. and a zero hours contract which in 6 months has earned £8000.00 gross so a total of £29,100.00

Which meets and exceeds the government minimum

And secondly. The income from the rental property is taxable. My account is paid up for 2018/19. Will the tax year 2019/2020 have to be paid in full to further the application ?
You can even simply rely on pension income & none-salaried income (zero hour contract) which seems sufficient to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.