ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation

Post by Sonal007 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:34 am

Hi,
This is regarding the key criteria for tier 1 exceptional talent which says:
2. Proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation
I intend to work upon this area before proceeding with the application and want to create my github/stackoverflow profile and post videos related to my work.
Will it not be considered if I recently do all this just before applying?
How much time should I actively participate to my profile before applying? What number is approximately a significant viewership for a video?

I have helped a couple of startups in setting their cyber security framework. Will a letter from the startups be counted and sufficient to satisfy this key criteria no 2?

sonali_1_dash
India

Re: Stage 1 key criteria: contribution outside immediate occupation

Post by sonali_1_dash » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 pm

i think the letter from the strat up would work and present it inform of mentoring and helping in setting up the security framework

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sonal007 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Are two documents to support a criteria sufficient or we need minimum three?
I am also a cyber security mentor on a mentoring platform online. Can I include the link to my profile in my supporting evidence? I am asking because my public profile on that platform doesnt show since when I am a mentor and how many people I have mentored.

reddyprashantha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reddyprashantha » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:25 pm

You will be given to attach maximum of 10 documents in support of your personal statement + 3 recommendation letters.
you will be asked which document (out of 10) is showing that you contributed outside immediate occupation, so you just need to mention the name of the document.