ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit asked for extra documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandylonglegs33
Newly Registered
Ireland

EEA family permit asked for extra documents

Post by Sandylonglegs33 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:04 am

Hi can anyone help me please. I am an irish citizen living in the UK and my husband is from zimbabwe. We got married in Nov in Zimbabwe and applied fir the EU family permit in Dec last year. We got an email from HO saying it was not straightforward. Now they have requested proof of relationship and my Irish passport. I have sent this. Has anyone experienced this before. We are very worried.

kamoe

Re: EEA family permit asked for extra documents

Post by kamoe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:49 am

Sandylonglegs33 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:04 am
Now they have requested proof of relationship and my Irish passport. I have sent this. Has anyone experienced this before. We are very worried.
Proof of relationship (e.g. marriage certificate) and identity (e.g. your passport) are the key two documents you need to supply in the first place. That is not "extra documentation", that's minimum documentation.

Not sure about:

a) Why you did not supply them on application
b) Why you are surprised
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Sandylonglegs33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sandylonglegs33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:49 am

Hi we had supplied all these documents when the biometrics were done, now they have been requested a second time. Just wondering why again.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:59 am

Did you provide the originals on the initial application?

Maybe you provided copies and they want to see originals. I am just assuming.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 pm

When I was applying for EEA FP, no one asked me for the original of my sponsor passport. I’m even not sure how this would be technically possible as I was outside of UK (maybe if he sent it directly to HO in the UK then?)

Proofs of relationship (marriage certificate, photos, WhatsApp etc), as well as a copy of my sponsor passport, were uploaded in scans by us prior to the appointment in VFS, so no one asked for them to be originals. The only original I submitted to them was my own passport.

Possible that you didn’t provide some of them? Or they have doubts about the authenticity of the docs

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:56 am

Sandylonglegs33 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:04 am
Hi can anyone help me please. I am an irish citizen living in the UK and my husband is from zimbabwe. We got married in Nov in Zimbabwe and applied fir the EU family permit in Dec last year. We got an email from HO saying it was not straightforward. Now they have requested proof of relationship and my Irish passport. I have sent this. Has anyone experienced this before. We are very worried.
Hello Sandy,
I also applied for the permit and i got similar mail and was asked to send my wife's original eea passport which I have done but haven't heard back yet. don't let it worry you. lets just be patient, everything will be alright.