ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edgreen
Newly Registered

Good character BC

Post by edgreen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:35 pm

Please , I would like some advice as I would be applying for my British naturalization. I would like to know if i need to declare an alleged sexual misconduct. I genuinely didnt comit the offence. The police interview me and found no case as there was no credibility in the story, I wasn't arrested, I wasnt charged to court , neither was i given a caution. I have no criminal record whatsoever, i have been living in the UK 12 years now. But the interview from the Police is on record, it took place just outside my house . Do I need to state this incident in my application? I dont want anything to affect my application.
Thanks , your feedback welcomed

Amber
Mood:

Re: Good character BC

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 pm

There is no explicit requirement to declare an allegation. It should not lead to a refusal. There is a catch all question regarding character, however, I do not believe this would fall under that, a false allegation is not something that should impede on your character.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks for your point but my fear is , reading through the online form for Naturalisation, I came across this question
"Are your details recorded by the police in respect of certain sexual offences (on the “sex
offenders register”), or are you subject to a notification order, a sexual offences prevention
order, a foreign travel order, or a risk of sexual harm order (or equivalent order made in a British
overseas territory or any other count"
Yes or No ??

Like i said earlier, my details re not offenders register, no notification order, no foreign travel order or neither was i declared risk of sexual harm order but the first line of the question is what bothers me" the record of the short interview was on my subject access information. Should i just tick a No?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:11 pm

edgreen wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:22 pm
Thanks for your point but my fear is , reading through the online form for Naturalisation, I came across this question
"Are your details recorded by the police in respect of certain sexual offences (on the “sex
offenders register”), or are you subject to a notification order, a sexual offences prevention
order, a foreign travel order, or a risk of sexual harm order (or equivalent order made in a British
overseas territory or any other count"
Yes or No ??

Like i said earlier, my details re not offenders register, no notification order, no foreign travel order or neither was i declared risk of sexual harm order but the first line of the question is what bothers me" the record of the short interview was on my subject access information. Should i just tick a No?
You are not on the sex offenders register, are you, so would be no.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:45 pm

I am not on the register and I am sorry for coming back to this thread and posting similar question elsewhere.
Something caught my eyes in the Naturalization booklet requirement, page 25, "if you are in any doubt about whether you have done something or it has been alledged that you have done something which might lead us to think that you are not of good character you should say so" Do you still reckon not to disclose?
My only worry of disclosing it, hope it doesnt come back to hunt me for not saying anything in previous application (ILR) . My subject access information requested from the Police, only had my statement about the incident and nothing more. Checks done by Home office on PNC during previous application shows no criminal record , saw this on my subject access from Home office. Your final thoughts pls , or from anyone too

waqas40581

Post by waqas40581 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:28 am

Dear edgreen,
Please do post when you get positive response of your application I think it’s depend on case worker how he/she consider your application you can find out until you apply
Thanks

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks, I will surely do . I am applying first week in April

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Mon May 25, 2020 10:50 am

I have submitted my BC application , but while going through the good character requirements I found this
"If you go to court for a FPN because you do not pay the fine or you challenge the FPN and the FPN is upheld (found guilty) this will then be classed as a conviction and may lead to (at a minimum) a refusal for 3 years" .
My question is this, I challenged 2 parking fines, one in 2016 and the other in 2019 but I lost , it was not in the court, it was just against the council and a private car park. The council challenged was based on the fact, i bought a ticket,but must have fell off when my partner went to get an item in the car. And the private car park, for staying more than one hour in Tesco car park, even when store was closed at 1am . I paid these parking fines immediately I lost the challenge. I only declared the parking fine from the council and not the one from the private company
Will these challenges be classified as a conviction ? Or is it when it goes to court. ? Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon May 25, 2020 12:32 pm

There is no fine from a private company. We don't live (yet) in a fascist State, so private companies can just issue invoices.

All this parking thing on a private land, is just civil mater / disagreement about a service. It's similar to you returning a chicken to Tesco because it smells funny and you want a refund. It's not something you need to declare in a citizenship application.

waqas40581

Post by waqas40581 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi
Hope these tickets are not an issue as you donot have any conviction will Waite for your post where you say you Appliaction successful my matter is same I have note on my SAR but I have no conviction or court judgement it’s a note when immigration visited my work place I was manager at store they written I have hired illegal workers whereas as hiring was not my job hiring was done by HR I dnt know when written on my SAR.
When they arrested those workers who was not overstay they were students but their visas was curtailed for some reason which they told me and they were not aware of that. Immigration officers handover me arrest warrant as I was manager and took my sign.
Later they sent fine letter to store name but addressing to me on store address later HR took over that matter I never got any letter afterward
When I requested SAR I can see that note which made me worried I have done extensions after that no issue and my CRB is clear and more any conviction mentioned on SAR.just a note

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 pm

I have been granted citizenship, I received my letter of approval 27th September 2020, thought I come back to share this as promised

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 pm

edgreen wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 pm
I have been granted citizenship, I received my letter of approval 27th September 2020, thought I come back to share this as promised
Thanks for sharing. There are members on the forum asking about the same question so it will help them. So if I understood correct you did not declare it right??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

edgreen
Newly Registered

Post by edgreen » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm

I declared the fixed penalty and the parking fines

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 pm

edgreen wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm
I declared the fixed penalty and the parking fines
Thank you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.