ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Shengen countries with brp

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lucas_sv
Newly Registered
Poland

Travel to Shengen countries with brp

Post by lucas_sv » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi everyone
Im permanent EU resident in the Uk, my wife is non EU and has pre settled status and had issued UK brp card for 5 years. We want to travel to Shengen zone for holiday.
Is she is required a Shengen visa to enter euro zone or she will be free to travel with me.?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel to Shengen countries with brp

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 pm

If she does not hold an EEA residence card that specifically states "family member of an EU citizen", the yes, she needs a Schengen visa.

Schengen has closed or is closing their borders. You might struggle to get a visa.

europe-immigration-forum/coronavirus-sw ... 99297.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucas_sv
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by lucas_sv » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi
Her card shows
EU scheme pre settlement, issued under eu exit separation Agreement
She has my surname. She received this card together with her EU settlement scheme decision as she is my wife.
Would she need to apply for another resident card?? That states family member of EU citizen to enter eu country without a visa? It's a bit confusing
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:11 pm

A BRC issued under appendix EU is issued under the UK immigration rules, hence why it does not state the specific phrase that EEA RC issued under the EU rules would state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.