ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Society Refusal feedback

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Royal Society Refusal feedback

Post by druk1001 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:41 am

Hi all,
Does anyone here applied under Royal Society and got refusal? Have you got feedback for refusal from them?
Thank you

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Re: Royal Society Refusal feedback

Post by druk1001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm

I have got refusal but no feedback.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

If you give some details about your application without being specific, it might encourage others to respond.

When did you submit your application?

When did you get your URN?

Did you apply for Exceptional Promise or Talent?

Do you have a PhD? Have you published any research articles?

Did you have a reference letter from someone in the UK?

Are you at an early stage in your career?

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:03 am

Application for Exceptional Promise submitted on 10 November.
URN recieved 15 November and refusal email on 14 December.
Yes I have PhD, research papers, leeter from UK person and fulfill all major criteria.
Refusal state that applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage, were not strong enough to endorse the candidate for entry through the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route.

However, I haven't got any detailed feedback for refusal with this email. I have asked them to provide feedback on 16 December but still waiting for their feedback.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:19 am

From what you posted, they have already provided the feedback. The following is of note:

“applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage”.

I’m quite surprised that with your PhD and research papers you were not endorsed.

If you don’t mind me asking, were your qualifications obtained in the UK? Are you a member of any professional Engineering/Science body either in the UK or elsewhere?

Are you currently working in Industry or researching in a University?

They say they want someone “exceptional”, but that term is quite subjective.

druk1001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:03 am
Application for Exceptional Promise submitted on 10 November.
URN recieved 15 November and refusal email on 14 December.
Yes I have PhD, research papers, leeter from UK person and fulfill all major criteria.
Refusal state that applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage, were not strong enough to endorse the candidate for entry through the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route.

However, I haven't got any detailed feedback for refusal with this email. I have asked them to provide feedback on 16 December but still waiting for their feedback.

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:39 am

Yes My qualifications are obtained from UK and working in research and development in industry.
I am not member of any professional body or society.

They normally provide two PDFs with refusal email one with standard endorsement form and other with detailed feedback of refusal stating that why do they think applicant is not qualified for particular reason. I have seen this with technation but not sure for Royal society. So seeking advice or help from other members.

If they have already provided feedback, why are they making me wait now? Quite frustrating to wait :(

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:57 am

Well, from the non-response of members to your question, it seems that rejections might not be common.

Are you appealing their decision or why exactly do you need a detailed reason for the rejection?
druk1001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:39 am
Yes My qualifications are obtained from UK and working in research and development in industry.
I am not member of any professional body or society.

They normally provide two PDFs with refusal email one with standard endorsement form and other with detailed feedback of refusal stating that why do they think applicant is not qualified for particular reason. I have seen this with technation but not sure for Royal society. So seeking advice or help from other members.

If they have already provided feedback, why are they making me wait now? Quite frustrating to wait :(

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Less rejection and very few apply to Royal Society I guess, could be the reason.
I need detailed feedback to appeal the decision.

What is the status of your application?

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:14 pm

My case is similar to yours. I have a PhD, have published research papers and currently work in industry.

I haven't heard back after submitting my stage 1 application so still waiting.
druk1001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm
Less rejection and very few apply to Royal Society I guess, could be the reason.
I need detailed feedback to appeal the decision.

What is the status of your application?

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Please share your timeline, if possible.
Thanks

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Is it with Royal Society too?

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:59 am

Submitted Application online on the 17th of January. Posted documents on the 22nd. Currently waiting for Email confirmation with URN.

druk1001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm
Please share your timeline, if possible.
Thanks

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 am

Yes with Royal Society.

Did you eventually appeal the decision?
druk1001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:56 pm
Is it with Royal Society too?

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:27 am

Yes I did and refusal again.
What about your application?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am

“applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage”.
How old are you if you don't mind?

Your credentials are not evaluated as an absolute value. They are compared to your age and put in perspective. The older you are, the higher is the expectation.

This means that the same achievement could be considered exceptional for a 30-year old, but may fail short if the applicant is 45 years old for instance.

Sometimes this penalises people who either started late, changed career, had an interruption due to illness or social conditions... etc.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:33 pm

My application was refused. I’ve currently requested for a review. How long did it take for you to get a response after requesting for a review?
druk1001 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:27 am
Yes I did and refusal again.
What about your application?

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm

It took 26 working days for me.
What reason they have given to you.
Have you only got email of refusal or seperate pdf attached to it mentioning reason for refusal.

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
How old are you if you don't mind?

Your credentials are not evaluated as an absolute value. They are compared to your age and put in perspective. The older you are, the higher is the expectation.

This means that the same achievement could be considered exceptional for a 30-year old, but may fail short if the applicant is 45 years old for instance.

Sometimes this penalises people who either started late, changed career, had an interruption due to illness or social conditions... etc.
Royal society has mentioned in thier guidelines that gap between career doesn't affect. However, I agree with you that it does affect and also career changes to different field too.
What is your application status.

Gcoast
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Gcoast » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:36 pm

The reason was the same as yours. Applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage, were not strong enough.

Reason was quite ambiguous, so I had to appeal. There was a separate email with a pdf, but that didn’t give any further details. It was the exact same thing.
druk1001 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Have you only got email of refusal or seperate pdf attached to it mentioning reason for refusal.

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cynt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi
Please can you share the needed documents required for the endorsement? That is, what are the evidences you need to show to the endorsement body?
Thanks.

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 am

Cynt wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:39 pm
Hi
Please can you share the needed documents required for the endorsement? That is, what are the evidences you need to show to the endorsement body?
Thanks.
All required documents are clearly stated in the guidelines. For promise category, You will need letter from UK person, personal statement, CV and application form.

druk1001
Newly Registered
India

Post by druk1001 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:03 am

Gcoast wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:36 pm
The reason was the same as yours. Applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage, were not strong enough.

Reason was quite ambiguous, so I had to appeal. There was a separate email with a pdf, but that didn’t give any further details. It was the exact same thing.
druk1001 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi Gcoast,
Have you got ang reply for your review?