ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Documents on TLS for Spouse visa uk

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Would you guys still recommend putting in an application for a spouse visa? Would we get refunded if uk does go under lock down or would it just get delayed or postponed? I was planning to submit on 20th but not sure now..
Just keep an eyes on latest ukvi news:

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... mmigration
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Thanks. I had a quick question about bank statements aswell. My online ones are the same as what id receive in thr post so can I use these?

I went to the bank today to print, but they only print last 3 months, so I've got them + my 6 month online statements.

Will this be OK or do they need to be printed in bank?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:09 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36 pm
Thanks. I had a quick question about bank statements aswell. My online ones are the same as what id receive in thr post so can I use these?
Should be fine if these arent pacifically marked as the online version which few banks usually do.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 pm

I've read that they need to be accompanied with a letter from the bank saying their authentic that's why I was concerned? If so, is that all it needs to say? Maybe state balance of each statement in a table on the letter? Should I go and get this letter from the bank.?

My statements are from 16th to 17th the following month. I've got September to Feb, but I get paid on 25th of the month so February statement won't have the february salary transfer so I would have to submit the march 17th statement aswell.

This is fine right? As long as all 6 payslips are shown in corresponding statements?

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Also forgot to ask, whether passport scans or any other document scans need to be certified copies? Or is this no longer necessary?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:42 pm
this no longer necessary?

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:30 pm

I don't need my Kenya partners payslips/employment letter and details do I? Just my payslips?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:30 pm
I don't need my Kenya partners payslips/employment letter and details do I? Just my payslips?
Yes only yours need

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm

I have just read that the TLS contact centre in Nairobi is closed until further notice due to virus and the 30 day travel ban. So even if I submit the application and upload the docs, she won't be able to attend the biometric appt and hand her passport in.

https://be.tlscontact.com/ke/nbo/page.php?pid=news

Probably not a good idea to submit yet right? Or could I submit and delay the appointment for later date?

I don't know what to do :shock:

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 am

Read this
Our centres remain open
Was there last week, and though i self uploaded my docs, the guys there are very professional and will upload all your documents, no matter how many you have. even the TLS global documentation limitation don't apply to them. Just need to sanitize a few times through the process.
Book the appointment if you have submitted the application.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:55 am

Also note the 28 days old rule for some doc's apply at the time of submission, not biometric appointment.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:17 am

It's a bit contradictive. I was referring to this on their website :

Following the 30-day Travel Ban Implemented by the EU Commission, the Visa Application Centre will be closed until further notice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm
I have just read that the TLS contact centre in Nairobi is closed until further notice due to virus and the 30 day travel ban. So even if I submit the application and upload the docs, she won't be able to attend the biometric appt and hand her passport in.

https://be.tlscontact.com/ke/nbo/page.php?pid=news

Probably not a good idea to submit yet right? Or could I submit and delay the appointment for later date?

I don't know what to do :shock:
If you won't submit your online application because of the closure of vfs/tls centres then in future whenever you will be ready to apply then might have to gather again the essential documents by making sure these of not being older than 28 days from the date of application. If your documents are ready then submitting the online application now will be a better idea regardless of whenever your biometrics appointment gets rescheduled by the centre.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:30 am

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:17 am
It's a bit contradictive. I was referring to this on their website :

Following the 30-day Travel Ban Implemented by the EU Commission, the Visa Application Centre will be closed until further notice.
Like i said, don't take to the table what you read online. This is Africa!
Even in UK we still have some kids going to school on monday despite government closure.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:16 am

But once we submit don't we have to select a date for the appointment? If its shut how will they schedule this?

And won't it cause problems if your appointment is way into the future because or what's going on at the moment? I thought the norm is to not leave too much of a gap between submisson and your appointment otherwise it'll be delayed?

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Hello, this is my final document list below. Please advise if;
- there is anything MISSING
- there is anything I DO NOT NEED to submit

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated for all help. :D

::::::: Relationship Docs :::::::::
-WhatsApp Chat Screenshots (Mar 2019 - present)
-WhatsApp Call and Video Call Screenshots (Aug 2019 - present)
-Travel History (Flight E-tickets + Boarding Passes to Kenya (Oct 2019)
-Travel History (Flight Boarding Passes and Bus tickets to India (Feb 2020) - Both of us
-Gift Receipts (perfume, dress, hair curler and Saris purchased in India)
-Western Union Transactions (1 cash, 2 direct bank transfer)
-Marriage Certificate
-Photographs (Kenya Oct 2019) - engagement, outings (dated)
-Photographs (India Feb 2020) - civil wedding ceremony, outings, photoshoot (dated)

::::::: Sponsor's Docs (ME) :::::::
-Passports and stamps
-Birth Certificate
-Name Change Deed
-Driving Licence
-Degree Certificate
-Employment letter
-Employment contract
-6 month payslips + payslip authenticity letter
-6 month online bank statement + in branch printout to show March salary transfer + statement authenticity letter
-Parents Passports
-UK Property Utility bills/Council tax bill
-UK Property Title Register copy
-UK Property Photographs
-Parents Accommodation/Supporting Letter
-Supporting Cover Letter
-India Property Photographs (where we lived after wedding)
-India Property energy Bill (Dec 2019)
-IHS Surchage fee confirmation payment screenshot/email
-Visa application fee paid confirmation/email/receipt

:::::: Applicant's Docs ::::::::
-Passports and stamps (old/expired and current)
-Birth Certificate (Original and Translation)
-Citizen of Kenya Registration
-School leaving certificate
-Parents Passports
-IELTS Pass Certificate (Life Skills A1)
-TB Test Certificate
-Applicant Supporting Letter
-Appendix 2 VAF4A financial form
-Bank statement showing WU transactions/salary

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:47 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 pm
Hello, this is my final document list below. Please advise if;
- there is anything MISSING
- there is anything I DO NOT NEED to submit

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated for all help. :D

::::::: Relationship Docs :::::::::
-WhatsApp Chat Screenshots (Mar 2019 - present)
-WhatsApp Call and Video Call Screenshots (Aug 2019 - present)
-Travel History (Flight E-tickets + Boarding Passes to Kenya (Oct 2019)
-Travel History (Flight Boarding Passes and Bus tickets to India (Feb 2020) - Both of us
-Gift Receipts (perfume, dress, hair curler and Saris purchased in India)
-Western Union Transactions (1 cash, 2 direct bank transfer)
-Marriage Certificate
-Photographs (Kenya Oct 2019) - engagement, outings (dated)
-Photographs (India Feb 2020) - civil wedding ceremony, outings, photoshoot (dated)

::::::: Sponsor's Docs (ME) :::::::
-Passports and stamps
-Birth Certificate not required
-Name Change Deed
-Driving Licence
-Degree Certificate not required
-Employment letter
-Employment contract not required
-6 month payslips + payslip authenticity letter
-6 month online bank statement + in branch printout to show March salary transfer + statement authenticity letter
-Parents Passports not required, why are submitting this?? It is irrelevant.
-UK Property Utility bills/Council tax bill
-UK Property Title Register copy
-UK Property Photographs not required
-Parents Accommodation/Supporting Letter
-Supporting Cover Letter
-India Property Photographs (where we lived after wedding) not required
-India Property energy Bill (Dec 2019) not required
-IHS Surchage fee confirmation payment screenshot/email
-Visa application fee paid confirmation/email/receipt

:::::: Applicant's Docs ::::::::
-Passports and stamps (old/expired and current)
-Birth Certificate (Original and Translation) not required
-Citizen of Kenya Registration
-School leaving certificate not required
-Parents Passports not required
-IELTS Pass Certificate (Life Skills A1)
-TB Test Certificate
-Applicant Supporting Letter
-Appendix 2 VAF4A financial form
-Bank statement showing WU transactions/salary not required
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 pm

The Visa Centre over seas in Nairobi is shut. And the TB centre is open but minimal hours. And its quite a risk attending at the moment due to the current situation. This is the only document I need really.

Would it cause issues if we submitted when it was safe to go outside again, or would they question why I took long to submit? They would probably understand wouldn't they due to corona?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri May 01, 2020 1:09 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 pm
The Visa Centre over seas in Nairobi is shut. And the TB centre is open but minimal hours. And its quite a risk attending at the moment due to the current situation. This is the only document I need really.

Would it cause issues if we submitted when it was safe to go outside again, or would they question why I took long to submit? They would probably understand wouldn't they due to corona?
Best not to assume UKVI might understand something related to the current situation. If there is no official guidance yet as to how your specific concern is being addressed, you might be best contacting the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre, the details for which are in the link below. While centres are closed and some application deadlines have been extended for some specific circumstances, the visa application process itself largely remains unchanged as far as I am aware (if you don't have all the documents to meet the visa requirements, it may be best to hold off submitting an application until you do).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri May 01, 2020 2:00 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi shyamgorasia,
Pretty much everything will officially be back to normal soon but be sure when applying the 28-days old documents rule will still apply.
All the best

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 pm

Thanks. But what would be best option?

1) Get her to go for her Tb, and I submit the online application now. Then she can go for her visa appointment once the centre opens?

2) Or would it be best to wait until visa centre is open to submit online and attend appointment straight away?

My concern about 2 is that we got married in Feb. And if this goes on for ages they may ask why I waited so long?

Please any suggestions. Thanks a lot

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 pm

shyamgorasia wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 pm
Thanks. But what would be best option?

1) Get her to go for her Tb, and I submit the online application now. Then she can go for her visa appointment once the centre opens?

2) Or would it be best to wait until visa centre is open to submit online and attend appointment straight away?

My concern about 2 is that we got married in Feb. And if this goes on for ages they may ask why I waited so long?

Please any suggestions. Thanks a lot
I would say depends on how the situation plays, personally i would go for 1 as technically the submission date determines the 28 days docs rule and the fact that there would be a backlog of files to process and thus visa processing period will be prolonged.
Please see my email below from TLS directing that you have 60 days to book your appointment once your application is submitted. They may extend the 60 days due to COVID-19 but better stick to the rules for now.

Code: Select all

[Dear Applicant,

Thank you for confirming your identity and for choosing your preferred location on the TLScontact website.

You can now book your appointment on our website, in order to submit your biometrics and supporting evidence.

Please be aware that you now have 60 calendar days to book your appointment. Otherwise, your account will automatically be deleted and new registration on GOV.UK will be required.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri May 08, 2020 12:15 am

You are stressing yourself too much?
As much as i know HM don't care how long you have been been married and waited, it's not a pattern if you read the guide, it's a question of: are you or you are not. If the case worker would get inquisitive, then they would look at explanations written on the cover letter.

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 am

Did you submit only recently?

If they havent extended the 60 days then I'd may need to do a new application which will just mess things up and complicate things no?

There's unknowns and assumptions at the moment I guess

shyamgorasia
Mood:

Post by shyamgorasia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello.

It seems the Nairobi visa centre is now opening from 29th June. So I can tell my partner to go for her Tb appointment. Then im planning to submit her application.

However, Kenya is currently on lockdown and no flights. So if I submit now, and she gets her visa approved, how would the 1 month entry clearance work, if she is unable to fly here? Would ukvi extend it until flights start up again?

Please advise.

Thanks