ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about new visa extension in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

a_mck
Newly Registered
Ireland

Question about new visa extension in Ireland

Post by a_mck » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi guys so I read about the 2 month visa extension for people who are in Ireland already but I have a question.
I arrived back in Ireland a few weeks ago but my husband isn’t here yet, he was due to arrive at end of April which of course now depends on future flight restrictions. He is from a country which can come to Ireland for 90 days visa free and I would like to know if anyone knows if he will still be able to get his 90 day stamp at the airport.
The new advice from Irish immigration website is for people who are already here and I was a little confused reading through it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Amy

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Question about new visa extension in Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi Amy. If you husband is from a country citizens of which can visit Ireland for 3 months without obtaining a visa, then he most likely will be able to stay for 3 months. Obviously it depends on individual circumstances. Visa-free arrangements between different countries do not guarantee that a person will be given 90 days stay, or even admitted into the country. However, such occasions are rather rare and only apply for individuals with criminal records or no proof or return, etc.

As far as I know there were no changes in this regard. No changes in visa policy were introduced in recent months. The only problem as you mentioned yourself is the disruption and cancellation of international flights to and from Ireland.

There we no announcements of full border closure. However this may change. But even if it happens, I think he will be permitted to enter as a spouse of an Irish citizen.

a_mck
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Question about new visa extension in Ireland

Post by a_mck » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.