ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Pre-settled status sponsor

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lodecs12
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA Family Permit - Pre-settled status sponsor

Post by lodecs12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,

First-time poster, long-time lurker here :)

I am a Canadian citizen, and am planning on applying for the EEA Family Permit through my French partner. We have been in a relationship for 5 years, and living together for 2 years.
I have started filling out the application for the Family Permit, and have a specific question about the section where they ask whether the sponsor holds a residence document confirming a right to reside in the UK.
My partner has obtained pre-settled status, and I therefore answered "Yes" to this question. Once I clicked this, another section appeared asking for the expiry date and Residence Document number.

I have looked everywhere (in the email he received confirming he has pre-settled status, on the website to view the status), and cannot find a document number anywhere. I have tried researching where you can find the document number for pre-settled status, but as this is quite a new status, cannot find much information.

For now, I have therefore indicated "NA - pre-settled" where they ask for the Residence Document number. Not sure this is the right thing to do though, and don't want a silly mistake like this to jeopardize my application. Does anyone have any guidance on this? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

iwolga

Re: EEA Family Permit - Pre-settled status sponsor

Post by iwolga » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm

lodecs12 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen, and am planning on applying for the EEA Family Permit through my French partner. We have been in a relationship for 5 years, and living together for 2 years.
I have started filling out the application for the Family Permit, and have a specific question about the section where they ask whether the sponsor holds a residence document confirming a right to reside in the UK.
My partner has obtained pre-settled status, and I therefore answered "Yes" to this question. Once I clicked this, another section appeared asking for the expiry date and Residence Document number.

I have looked everywhere (in the email he received confirming he has pre-settled status, on the website to view the status), and cannot find a document number anywhere. I have tried researching where you can find the document number for pre-settled status, but as this is quite a new status, cannot find much information.

For now, I have therefore indicated "NA - pre-settled" where they ask for the Residence Document number. Not sure this is the right thing to do though, and don't want a silly mistake like this to jeopardize my application. Does anyone have any guidance on this? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
I would say that up until the end of the year, your partner's EU passport is his residency document (and the only physical one he is required to have even after the year end)

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 am

iwolga wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm
lodecs12 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
I would say that up until the end of the year, your partner's EU passport is his residency document (and the only physical one he is required to have even after the year end)
Wrong. It is already assumed that the applicant's sponsor in an EEA national.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 am

When your partner applied for the pre settled status, I think the ref number given will be the document number. In the decision email, on the top right hand corner, you will see the same ref number written there.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 am

NatCam wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 am
iwolga wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm
lodecs12 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Wrong. It is already assumed that the applicant's sponsor in an EEA national.
But it doesn’t mean that the sponsor doesn’t need to prove it. When I was applying, I did provide my husband’s passport number in the application. Unfortunately, I don’t quite remember in which cells

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 pm

lodecs12 wrote:
I believe the question is about a document issued under the EEA Regulations, and therefore your answer is wrong. It is likely that your partner has no such document.