ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee form details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

EU unemployment gap

Post by underdog » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I got my ILR last year under EU settled status scheme. I am planning to apply for citizenship but my question is how can I prove I was in the country since I was unemployed for about 7 months. I travelled outside the country for 2 months but the rest 5 months I was living in my mother's house unemployed not receiving benefits and not paying council tax.

Will bank statements be sufficient or a GP letter that I was registered with them at the time? I don't know what else I can provide.

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: EU unemployment gap

Post by underdog » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:23 pm

anyone please?

Pan13

Post by Pan13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:30 pm

This will be tough to prove in my opinion as passport is not stamped when you travel.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 am

Usually you don't have to prove every single day or even month. So there might be not questions asked at all. How much time abroad do you have in total? Would that and the 5 months come under 480 days, maybe a little more. If they do (it's tight, I know), then you are likely OK. Equally how long ago was this? Can you postpone the application so that the period is >5 years ago?

Doctor's appointments and letters are accepted, bank's not. GP might be reluctant to write a letter but you can try.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by underdog » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comment. I have 145 days outside the country (68 days solely in 2016 and 77 spreaded during the 5 year period). If we count 5 months where I can't prove I was in the country that adds another 150 days overall so that would be 295 days outside the country in 5 years. I could postpone it but I have already started gathering documents and references. Do you think I should postpone?

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:52 am

No need to postpone.
You declare as "unemployed" for the period - do you have any communications with the the job centre, social security, etc? Or just use your P45 or dismissal letter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by underdog » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi alterhase58,

I have letters stating that I have been in receipt of benefits since 2017. After graduation from university in 2016 I spent two months outside the country and when I came back I didn't work for 5 months nor applied for benefits because I was healthy. Then I started developing some mental health problems and 4 months later I applied for benefits. I can provide letters from GP and hospital that I was seen by the mental health team and that 4 months later from hospitalization I started receiving benefits.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:51 pm

I would attach one or two of those letters, together with an explanatory note. That's probably the best you can do for document that period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by underdog » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 am

Thank you alterhase58. I appreciate your help.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Professional referee

Post by underdog » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 am

Hello everyone,

I need some advice please. I am in a bit of a pickle and don't know what to do. I asked my psychological therapist to provide a reference for me and she said she can but cannot provide home address and personal details as it is against NHS policy. Can I add her work address instead ?

2. Otherwise could I use a bar manager as a professional referee? I don't know whether they qualify as a professional referee? I have no one else to ask to give me a professional reference.

Thank you for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Professional referee

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 am

1. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Professional referee

Post by underdog » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

anyone else please can advice?

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Referee form details

Post by underdog » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. My referee forgot to write my name on the form. They only wrote their name, signed it and date it. Is it a problem if I write my own name? Also does the referee need to write my name and date of birth on the back of the photo?

I appreciate your help.