ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

albanian33
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by albanian33 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:32 am

You think that it is straightforward but it is the Home Office that decides. I know someone that never worked in UK and receives some cautions for behaviour who was granted Citizenship within a month of applying but his application for ILR lasted almost one year.

In my case my ILR was granted within 4 weeks but my Naturalisation is approaching 4 months. The Home Office might investigate deeper in one of the applications for ILR or Naturalisation.

Hustler123
Newly Registered

Post by Hustler123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:07 am

Have you guys apply for SAR?

tcell88
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by tcell88 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Has anyone using EU settled status (not PR) as evidence of freedom from time restrictions had an application processed (successful or unsuccessful)?

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi there i haven't received the ceremony invitation letter i email home office on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no reply. shall i call my local council to find out or can you book the ceremony without invitation letter please help.or there is any other e-mail address to contact home office. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:10 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi there i haven't received the ceremony invitation letter i email home office on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no reply. shall i call my local council to find out or can you book the ceremony without invitation letter please help.or there is any other e-mail address to contact home office. Thank you
Many councils have cancelled ceremonies and not booking new ones given the current circumstances!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Hustler123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:07 am

applied twice, no response.

Bebu2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Bebu2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm

tcell88 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Has anyone using EU settled status (not PR) as evidence of freedom from time restrictions had an application processed (successful or unsuccessful)?
Good question. I applied with EU settled status back in September and I am still waiting. Is your application delayed too?

tcell88
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by tcell88 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Bebu2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm
tcell88 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Good question. I applied with EU settled status back in September and I am still waiting. Is your application delayed too?
I wouldn't say delayed yet because I applied mid February, but i haven't noticed anyone post their experience in the timelines section with 'settled status' so was wondering they might not even have guidelines on how to deal with such applications.

Hustler123
Newly Registered

Post by Hustler123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm

topsecret wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm
Hustler123 wrote:

Hi topsecret
It takes 28 Working days to arrive. Due to coronavirus it will take a bit longer when did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?

Polka909
Newly Registered

Post by Polka909 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:34 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Are you going to contact home office or MP? They should come up with an alternative as there no timeline when the ceremonies will be begin. I might do the same, maybe the under 18 regulation can apply for now then we can complete formalities later.

Ace1983
Newly Registered

Post by Ace1983 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi All,

I wonder if someone experienced enough can help me?

I received an email from nationality fmt which states the following:

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days.

Is there any specific meaning to this response from the naturalisation team or is it generic?

maniani

Post by maniani » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi Ace1983

Congrats, it means you will get your approval letter in next two weeks.
Can you please share your timeline and also how long you had to wait to get a reply from FMT email?

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 am

Hustler123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm
topsecret wrote:
Hustler123 wrote:

Hi topsecret
It takes 28 Working days to arrive. Due to coronavirus it will take a bit longer when did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?
1st time in mid November 2019 and 2nd one on 3rd of Feb 2020.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 am

topsecret wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:01 am
Hustler123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm
topsecret wrote:
Hustler123 wrote:

Hi topsecret
1st time in mid November 2019 and 2nd one on 3rd of Feb 2020.
You should have received. It says that "You will receive a response within 30 days of your identity being verified by the Home Office." Not working days.
I applied 19 February 2020, nothing received yet. However, you should chase them. In this case if Home Office does not provide you the requested information, they are in breach of GDPR and DPA 2018 regulations as 30 days laps. That gives the bases to make a claim to court, but an official complaint must be made first. Unless they can refuse to provide it if Home Office does not like the grounds you provided in the form.

Simply check your spam inbox as well. But I would definitely chase them today - they had their time regardless any coronavirus of whatever!

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 am

Hi polka909
I called the my local council they are not holding any cermony at the moment and they told me to ring home office .

Ace1983
Newly Registered

Post by Ace1983 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:45 pm

maniani wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi Ace1983

Congrats, it means you will get your approval letter in next two weeks.
Can you please share your timeline and also how long you had to wait to get a reply from FMT email?

I applied on 4th of Feb 2020 and completed my biometrics on the 8th of Feb. I sent an email on the 16th of Mar and got a response saying I will be contacted by post in 21 working days. Till date nothing has been received.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've received my approval letter on 23 april 2020, and after that I contacted my local council to arrange Ceremony but due to Covid-19 they are not taking any ceremony at the moment, so my question is

1. will we get any letter from the council after receiving approval letter from the Home Office? or we just need to contact the local council.

Note I have contacted my local council and due to COVID-19 all process has been suspended till further notice.

2. In the mean time what is the best email to contact the home office for my own record, should I email my council and home office both?

Any email template will be much appreciated.
Stay Safe
Thanks

zulu4554
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by zulu4554 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Don't think there is any separate ceremony invitation letter that you'd get, the citizenship approval letter itself contains guidance on how to book your ceremony with your chosen council.

Polka909
Newly Registered

Post by Polka909 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm
Hi everyone,

I've received my approval letter on 23 april 2020, and after that I contacted my local council to arrange Ceremony but due to Covid-19 they are not taking any ceremony at the moment, so my question is

1. will we get any letter from the council after receiving approval letter from the Home Office? or we just need to contact the local council.

Note I have contacted my local council and due to COVID-19 all process has been suspended till further notice.

2. In the mean time what is the best email to contact the home office for my own record, should I email my council and home office both?

Stay Safe
Thanks
Similar situation, the council is not taking any ceremonies. I called home office and they were unhelpful and just asked me to send an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain them my situation.
I have already done this, waiting for a reply.

I just explained that I’ve received the letter and since my council is not taking any ceremonies is there any alternative? I believe given the current situation home office needs to come up with an alternative rule. I’ll call them again on Friday if I don’t hear back. If you hear anything let me know.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 pm

I called the HO today and I have been told that they have stopped processing all the naturalization applications at the moment (mine was submitted about 2 months ago). The priority will be for Visa applications. So it look like that there will be a significant delay for all naturalization apllication as the situation will continue for at least few weeks if not months. I am not sure how accurate is the information that I have been given over the phone as it is not published any where!

Maryma
Newly Registered

Post by Maryma » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 am

Thanks for the response

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:04 am

zulu4554 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm
sanabibi123 wrote:
Don't think there is any separate ceremony invitation letter that you'd get, the citizenship approval letter itself contains guidance on how to book your ceremony with your chosen council.
Hi there my approval letter said don't ring the local authority and wait for the ceremony invitation lette which should arrive withing three weeks. But nothing yet and no reply from home office too

Small

Post by Small » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:30 am

Polka909 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 pm
sunny007 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm
Hi everyone,

Stay Safe
Thanks
Hi Ploka909,
When did you submit your online application and your appointment with UKVCAS for documentation scanning please

Similar situation, the council is not taking any ceremonies. I called home office and they were unhelpful and just asked me to send an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain them my situation.

I just explained that I’ve received the letter and since my council is not taking any ceremonies is there any alternative? I believe given the current situation home office needs to come up with an alternative rule. I’ll call them again on Friday if I don’t hear back. If you hear anything let me know.
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 am

Small wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:30 am
Hi Ploka909,
When did you submit your online application and your appointment with UKVCAS for documentation scanning please

I think the government and HO have other more important things to worry about at this time, like the virus issue and those who are stuck in the UK with visas expiry shortly.

It is unlikely that a delay in the ceremony will penalise people.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm

rozearo wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 pm
I called the HO today and I have been told that they have stopped processing all the naturalization applications at the moment (mine was submitted about 2 months ago). The priority will be for Visa applications. So it look like that there will be a significant delay for all naturalization apllication as the situation will continue for at least few weeks if not months. I am not sure how accurate is the information that I have been given over the phone as it is not published any where!
I am not surprised! I was totally expecting it. I submitted mine in September, now it adds extra a couple of months for it to be processed. Congratulations everyone!