ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's application and unemployment benifits

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmsa
Mood:

Wife's application and unemployment benifits

Post by mmsa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my wife's naturalisation application soon based on married to Irish citizen. My question is if I used unemployment benefits before will this affect her application, considering she has never applied or received any herself? In other words do they check if myself (the husband) has used benefits schemes and will this affect her?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Wife's application and unemployment benifits

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:12 pm

No it won't affect her.

Actually I don't think there's a question for that anyway. The only question is to ask whether the applicant used social benefit before, not the applicant's spouse or dependencies (I could be wrong though).

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Yes, they will check your DEASP history and current status. If you are now on unemployment benefits you are likely ineligable to sponsor your spouses application (unless its covid-19 related).

karldub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by karldub » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 pm

I am still trying to make sense if applying for covid unemployment payment can affect my future citizenship application?

INIS website says
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigrat ... Q-2[1].pdf
Q 39. If I’m temporarily unemployment and or in receipt of Covid 19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, will this impact my Citizenship application? A. A pragmatic approach will be applied in this emergency