ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI GBR Numbers

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Library1992
Newly Registered

OCI GBR Numbers

Post by Library1992 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

Are the characters after the first GBRL letters meant to be all numerical or a combination of letters and numbers?

Library1992
Newly Registered

Re: OCI GBR Numbers

Post by Library1992 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:32 pm

My reasons for asking are as follows.
I originally applied at the end of last year but heard nothing back. I had a GBR number that was a combination of letters and numbers.
I was then told to take in additional documentation and did this in Jan 2020. They took my passport and birth certificate also. My supporting documents (passport and birth certificate) were returned around 4 days later.
I was under the impression that the second attempt was under the same application (GBR) number.
I entered that number online along with my passport number and the status was - 'under process'.

However, to my concern, I saw a white sticker on my passport and that had a different GBRL reference - the digits after the GBRL letters were all numbers. When I logged that number in, along with my passport number, it said 'no such record found'.

Did anyone else get 2 GBR numbers?
Why does my status just say 'under process' ? I can't see the other sections other members refer to.

I have an uneasy feeling........

jojo001

Post by jojo001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 pm

As far as I know use the GBR number on your original application for OCI.

Regarding the second one on you sticker VFS gives a new ref number when they sent documents back..ignore that one..

Library1992
Newly Registered

Post by Library1992 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:45 am

Thank you jojo001 :)

I was getting a bit worried for a moment.