ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E Business grant due to corona

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

T1E Business grant due to corona

Post by mohamedlasheen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 am

We are on T1E visa, company is registered in March 2019, we leased a shop on 28 February 2020 and currently in the process of fitting out, we have not been invoiced for business rate yet as the southwark council does not have the information that we leased the shop yet.
We are currently struggling to finish fitting out works, ordering stock and recruiting staff due to the current lick down. And hence the start date of trading on 15 April 2020 is likely to be postponed.
Will we be able to get the business grant due to the current corona circumstances?. What are the steps should I do to get that?.

zimba
Mood:

Re: T1E Business grant due to corona

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:37 am

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 am
We are on T1E visa, company is registered in March 2019, we leased a shop on 28 February 2020 and currently in the process of fitting out, we have not been invoiced for business rate yet as the southwark council does not have the information that we leased the shop yet.
We are currently struggling to finish fitting out works, ordering stock and recruiting staff due to the current lick down. And hence the start date of trading on 15 April 2020 is likely to be postponed.
Will we be able to get the business grant due to the current corona circumstances?. What are the steps should I do to get that?.
This is NOT a business support forum. It is an immigration forum. :!: UKVI has not given information on how this may affect Tier 1E applicants.
See: https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/coro ... s-support/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anontier20
Afghanistan

Post by Anontier20 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Hello,

You guys keep saying this is an immigration board but you do realise, for most of us our immigration is dependent on our businesses. If the whole country is shut down, how can we be expected to trade when there is no way to do so?

@mohamedlasheen I look forward to what happens, I am in exactly the same boat now.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Every forum has to provide the best support that it can to the members of the forum.

But the value of the forum depends on the ability of its participants to have confidence in the discussions and especially in the advice/suggestions given to people seeking support.

As this is an immigration forum, moderators, respected gurus, experienced members etc are people who have experience with immigration issues themselves or have gained it from their long association with this forum. They cannot be suddenly expected to have experience on other areas. Especially with such current issues such as the business support, there is very limited knowledge and anyone trying to answer those questions are most guessing.

Such guesses or incorrect replies would make this forum unreliable and it is in the interest of all members that the moderators strive to keep the quality of responses high.

So, as @zimba pointed out, we want to keep this forum focused on the immigration rules related matters.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Anontier20 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Hello,

You guys keep saying this is an immigration board but you do realise, for most of us our immigration is dependent on our businesses. If the whole country is shut down, how can we be expected to trade when there is no way to do so?

@mohamedlasheen I look forward to what happens, I am in exactly the same boat now.
Becuase we cannot help you with your business affairs. If you are struggling to keep the business going, you should seek business advice and support from appropriate places. We can only give advice on immigration rules and immigration related matters. So instead of complaining here, go seek advice from your advisors/accountant/lenders/bank etc.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/impact-due ... 99365.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice