ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ilr under 10 year continuous route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yasar
Newly Registered

Switching from 10 year partner route to ilr

Post by Yasar » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 am

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to change my application from my current visa, which is the 10 year partner route to claim indefinite leave to remain via the 10 year continuous residence method. I’ve been in the country for 12 years continuously on various different visas and extensions. Appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this matter. Thank you.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from 10 year partner route to ilr

Post by physicskate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:18 am

Yasar wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 am
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to change my application from my current visa, which is the 10 year partner route to claim indefinite leave to remain via the 10 year continuous residence method. I’ve been in the country for 12 years continuously on various different visas and extensions. Appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this matter. Thank you.
No doubt about it. It shouldn't even be a question, provided you meet the residency requirements (and can prove it), apply using SET LR.

Yasar
Newly Registered

Post by Yasar » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Yes, it is.

An application for ILR on the basis of long residence must show 10 years' continuous lawful residence. It doesn't matter what combination of student / work / family / S.3C leave status you had, so long as there are no breaks longer than 28 days (before Nov 2016) or 14 days (after November 2016).

Amanda
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Yasar
Newly Registered

Applying for ilr under 10 year continuous route

Post by Yasar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 am

Hi

I was wondering if some one could shed some light on what finances I would need to show regarding this application of ilr under the 10 year continuous residency. Does the £18600 apply for this application or not. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ilr under 10 year continuous route

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 am

Does the £18600 apply for this application
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for ilr under 10 year continuous route

Post by avjones » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:24 am

Yasar wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 am
Hi

I was wondering if some one could shed some light on what finances I would need to show regarding this application of ilr under the 10 year continuous residency. Does the £18600 apply for this application or not. Thank you.

No, it doesn't apply.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.