ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FM)application taking long

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zadith14

HO processing time for EEA Residence card application during Covid 19

Post by Zadith14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Hello everyone.
Anyone knows if HO is receiving EEA FM application during this climate? Is their centre temporarily closed during the lockdown of the outbreak? :roll:

If they are opened, what is likely to be the processing time for application?

I am in the process of sending application + important documents such as passports. But I am hesitant due to delays of return documents.
The application is for my husband (non eu-national) family member of eu national.

I searched everywhere on their website but could not find any guidance.

Thanks

iwolga

Re: HO processing time for EEA Residence card application during Covid 19

Post by iwolga » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:29 pm

I wouldn’t do that. Your husband has EUSS card, right?

Applying under the circumstances makes no sense. We are stuck on the island for some months, so Europe is out of question till July? September?

Secondly, look what HO is saying. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sing-times

They warn about delays AND say that will return all documents for new applicants back.

Now imagine his papers now get lost? With the war-like environment I would not risk it for the sake of a couple of weekends in Paris (which you don’t even know when are going to happen).

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: HO processing time for EEA Residence card application during Covid 19

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:26 am

Don't send your documents at the moment. According to their publications, they don't seem to process mail at the moment. If you send a passport or an important document, it may take months before you see it again.

Zadith14

EEA (FM)application taking long

Post by Zadith14 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm

My husband who is a non- eu national has applied for EEA residence card after he obtained his Pre-settlement status. However the fees has not been collected from home office and it worries us.
We submitted the application in May 2020 as special delivery and received an email from home office to confirm receipt of the application in late June 2020 confirming it is in process. However, we have not heard anything else since then. No application fees has been taken off my husband's account in which I find odd.
We submitted both of our passports including his Pre-settlement residence card(we applied for this first since it was the quick way).
I am not sure whatever it is time to request for our passports back or contact home to query about my husband's application status?
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Zadith14

Re: EEA (FM)application taking long

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:42 pm

We still have not heard anything from HO regarding our application.
It has been 3 months since application was submitted and fees is still not collected from HO apart from an email to say application is in progress 2 month ago.

What to do in this case?
Who to contact?
Is this safe at this stage to ask for travel documents back? Wouldn't this cause HO to withdraw the application on the basis that we have not got a date for biometric appointment?

I would really appreciate some advice please