ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 2: Coronavirus Limbo

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newuser202003
Newly Registered
India

Stage 2: Coronavirus Limbo

Post by newuser202003 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:29 am

Got an endorsement under exceptional talent in the Stage 1 application (february). Recent appointment for stage 2 with UKVCAS cancelled last week because of covid-19. New appointment rescheduled for next week. Not very keen on going because of virus-related concerns and have been asked to self-isolate by the doctor. But this might mean missing the 3 month window period for applying in stage 2 after the endorsement. Any chance the Home Office might relax the requirement because of the virus?

donatello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Stage 2: Coronavirus Limbo

Post by donatello » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 am

Shoot an email and try it. I will do that myself in a week or two. I'm in lock down as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stage 2: Coronavirus Limbo

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:37 am

All biometric appointments have been cancelled and will be rescheduled to mod may.

If you have already applied online and paid, that is the date of application that HO considers and NOT your biomteric appointment date.
Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 am
UKVCAS Service Status

The UKVCAS service is currently suspended
The worldwide response to COVID-19 continues to affect the UK’s Visa and Immigration Service. As a result, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS), led by Sopra Steria on behalf of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), has suspended all services to help protect the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff.

This will remain under review with UKVI as the situation evolves.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... sageId=950
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.