ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 General Visa - clarification needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

subuz
Newly Registered
India

TIER 2 General Visa - clarification needed

Post by subuz » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:08 am

Hello All,

I have been granted the TIER 2 General visa Entry clearance visa and its valid till 25th March. But due to this Virus situation going on, my company has restricted all the travel.

My COS is valid till 5th MAY. So if I want to re-apply after the travel ban is restricted, do I need to apply for COS or only the entry clearance visa even after the expiry of COS?

Thanks for the help!!

Regards,

joadin
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: TIER 2 General Visa - clarification needed

Post by joadin » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Hello subuz,

I'm in a similar situation - my Entry Clearance visa is valid until the 16th April, but the country I'm currently in has closed its borders and cancelled all commercial flights until further notice, so it's unlikely I'll make it to the UK before my Entry Clearance visa expires.

Do you maybe have any updates regarding your situation? Is it maybe being automatically extended as travel restrictions are out of anyone's control?

Thank you!

subuz
Newly Registered
India

Post by subuz » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:08 am

Hello,

No, I'm waiting for this pandemic to get over so that I can ask my organization to reprocess my Visa. But I'm not sure what is the process to re-apply an entry clearance visa.

Do you have any idea?

Regards,
Subu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 am

Your cos is irrelevant in this instance as you already have a visa granted.

You simply apply for a new 30 day visa vignette, costs around £170. You don't apply for a whole new visa with a new cos.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.