ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Status - midst Covid-19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pranithh
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa Status - midst Covid-19

Post by pranithh » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have dropped my wifes Visa on 3rd march 2020 in India as an ILR dependant and expect to get a decision in 12 weeks. But in the midst of COVID-19, unsure how long this will take. Does someone has any guidance on how to check the status or to check the timelines (12 weeks) still intact even during this epidemic times.

There seems to be no guidance for this kind of Visas in the GOV.uk website.

Kindly give me your suggestions.

Hope you all are staying home and safe.

Thank you for your suggestions in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa Status - midst Covid-19

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm

No one can tell you how long it will take or when this current pandemic situation will slow down. Nothing you can do now except wait.

HO is focusing more on the visa holders within the UK at the moment who have visas expiring soon or already expired as they are not able to travel to their home countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 am

Realistically, you probably don't want to have a visa issued before you're able to get flights to the UK again anyway so a little bit of waiting isn't the worst thing right now.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Pikachu9151
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Pikachu9151 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 am

I am in a similar boat where we applied for an entry clearance visa outside UK on Feb10;

Logistically, it will be difficult to move this time as in my local area and UK most business is partially closed.

Appreciate if anyone can share any relevant info they see.

smah

Post by smah » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:47 am

Same here, made the spouse application on march 3rd.
Anyone with clearer view might help..

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 am

What would happen to the visas that were made in December? I am still waiting to hear something from from HO.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm

Home office like everyone are running away from COVID 19. No one is working on visa at present, so i think you really should focus your mind on something else, as visa processing is out of the question at present.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mfareedh92

Post by Mfareedh92 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Applications are online now. Like everyone, they should be working from home and still processing applications. This is so dumb if they have completely stopped working. I get call centres closing cos you have to be there physically to a point but not the actual HO.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

Due to data protection rules, it will be very concerning if caseworker are given rights to access applicants personal data, their immigration history and police details from the comfort of their homes.
That will neither be proper nor lawful.

I am not even sure if Home Office will be minded to provide free laptops to all caseworkers working from Home.

If all those hurdles are overcome, no flight to take passport from home country, no official at the centre to deliver passport, and no flight to bring your partner.

I think you should be patient and pray for the crisis to be over, and normality to resume.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:32 pm

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 pm
Applications are online now. Like everyone, they should be working from home and still processing applications. This is so dumb if they have completely stopped working. I get call centres closing cos you have to be there physically to a point but not the actual HO.
The priority for ho at the moment are the visa holders within the UK whose visas have expired or are soon expiring and unable to leave the uk. They are the priority at the moment. An entry clearance visa is not.

You also have to ask yourself if you want all your personal documents assessed and reviewed from someones home via a less secure internet connection and the risks associated with that under the gdpr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.