ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK before applying for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sbhwy
Newly Registered
Russia

Visiting UK before applying for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by sbhwy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm

My wife is applying for Tier 2 (General) Dependant Visa from outside the UK. She has visited UK as a tourist 2 month before submitting her application. Does she violate the eligibility requirements?

As it is written in the document "Dependant family members of points-based system migrants and Appendix W Workers":
[...] the applicant must not have last been granted entry clearance or leave as any of the following:
a visitor, including someone who entered the UK as a visitor under the UK British Irish visa scheme (BIVS) from the Republic of Ireland holding a valid visit visa endorsed with ‘BIVS’[...]

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visiting UK before applying for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:43 pm

Does she violate the eligibility requirements?
No.

The rules you quite refer to applying to change visas within the UK as a visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbhwy
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Visiting UK before applying for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by sbhwy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 pm

CR001 thank you so much for your help! Official documents are so confusing sometimes...