ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity Allowance while my ILR is due in May 2020

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Maternity Allowance while my ILR is due in May 2020

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Dear Members please help me out by providing some information as requested below.

I am spouse of a British citizen who is full time permanent employee of a company for at least 10 years. I came to UK on spouse visa on 5 years route and my ILR is due in May 2020.
I am running a online business and myself am the Director of that business. The business is registered as a limited company in UK and I get pay from my own company every month which is around £490 per month.

My online business is temporarily closed due the current situation of COVID-19 and I am pregnant as well and the baby is due in April 2020.

Questions:

1. Am I legally allowed to claim maternity allowance/pay from Government while I am on spouse visa? Will it not affect my ILR Application? and who to claim it from as my company can not pay wages even now?

2 . How can I claim maternity pay from my employer (As I am the employer of myself, being director of my own company)?

3. My business is on hold and no more income coming from my company. although company not closed but no online sales so no more earnings.

Please guide me can I claim it from government in legal way?

Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Re: Maternity Allowance while my ILR is due in May 2020

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Could anyone please reply whether I can get maternity allowance from govt as i m self employed and getting this allowance will do any effect on my ILR application ? Please help me out.

Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:49 pm

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Documents ... tsheet.pdf

Bottom part page 7

5 Assistance for people who lose employment
The Government has announced a series of measures to help people who have are unable to work due to contracting coronavirus or having to self-isolate, or who have lost their employment or closed a business due to coronavirus. The following assistance can be claimed by a person who has no recourse to public funds (NRPF) when they meet the relevant requirements because none are considered to be ‘public funds’ for immigration purposes:

 Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
 Contributory-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
 Wages paid through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (‘furloughed workers’)
 Assistance for businesses and people who are self-employed, as outlined in this government guidance
 Benefits that are listed here (under ‘work related benefits’) -> http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informati ... x#benefits

The following assistance cannot be claimed by a person who has no recourse to public funds (NRPF) because they are public funds for immigration purposes:
 Universal Credit
 Benefits on this list -> http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informati ... funds.aspx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Thanks for detailed reply,

another related question as below please could you answer.

Hi CR001,
So if someone applies now for ILR through standard service under current circumstances, does it matter that the biometrics must be done within the certain time period (after submitting online application) or it solely depends upon the availability of the appointment at Sopera Steria center after they reopen ?I mean to ask will it not affect the application (other than delay in the decision making )if biometrics appointments takes place too long after the submission of online application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Ukcvas appointments are currently be cancelled and rescheduled for 6 weeks time. No one will be penalised for the delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.