ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching FLR route??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amoya
Newly Registered

Switching FLR route??

Post by Amoya » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi , I would like to know if switching from Parent 10 year route to Partner 10 year route means that I have to start the whole 10 years all over again?.
I was granted FLR 10 years based on the fact that I have a British child I have already done 5 years on this route, however I had gotten married to a non EU citizen.
I notified the HO, my visa was renewed however they told me that I no longer qualify for the Parent route but I qualify on the Partner 10 years route, being that I’m married now,
My question is this does that mean that I have to start my 10 years over or is it a continuation of the previous 10 years?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Switching FLR route??

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Amoya wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:24 pm
Hi , I would like to know if switching from Parent 10 year route to Partner 10 year route means that I have to start the whole 10 years all over again?.
I was granted FLR 10 years based on the fact that I have a British child I have already done 5 years on this route, however I had gotten married to a non EU citizen.
I notified the HO, my visa was renewed however they told me that I no longer qualify for the Parent route but I qualify on the Partner 10 years route, being that I’m married now,
My question is this does that mean that I have to start my 10 years over or is it a continuation of the previous 10 years?
The required time period leading to the grant of ILR must have been spent on one single route. However combination of different visas are usually allowed under 10 years of long residence route. If you and/or your partner is working then why not switch into flrm - 5years of route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Amoya
Newly Registered

Post by Amoya » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Thank you for your response, I don’t think that between my husband and I, we’re earning enough to do the FLR 5 year route, what’s the requirements for that route please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:59 pm

£18,600pa if no non British children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amoya
Newly Registered

Post by Amoya » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 pm

I have a British child from a previous relationship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 pm

If you are only sponsoring a spouse, it is £18,600pa. British children are NOT included for calculating the financial requirements. Only non British children who are also applying for a visa count, which increases the financial requirment per child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amoya
Newly Registered

Post by Amoya » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:31 pm
If you are only sponsoring a spouse, it is £18,600pa. British children are NOT included for calculating the financial requirements. Only non British children who are also applying for a visa count, which increases the financial requirment per child.
@ CR001 How can she sposnor someone on spouse visa when she is not British or ILR visa Holder?

To the OP why u told HO about your marriage when u married to Non Eu citizen? W.hat difference it gonna make? Now u put your own visa extension in doubt

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 pm
@ CR001 How can she sposnor someone on spouse visa when she is not British or ILR visa Holder
Amoya wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:24 pm
, however I had gotten married to a non EU citizen.
Maybe op's none-eu partner is holding ILR/PR/refugee status which still isn't clear in op's post but highly to be such because otherwise UKVI never have given the option to switch into partner route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Amoya
Newly Registered

Post by Amoya » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 am

Sorry for late response, I was advised to inform HO about my marriage by a solicitor.
I was granted a further 2.5 years only this time it’s not on the parent route but rather the Partner route as well as getting the 2.5 years I was also granted Recourse to Public Funds.
Just wanted to know that seen as though I’ve already done 5 years on the parent route and now I’ve been given the another 2.5 on Partner route, is it possible to combine what I’ve done so far on the Parent route plus the Parnter route will be ok to apply for ILR after 10 years completed legally?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Amoya wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 am

Just wanted to know that seen as though I’ve already done 5 years on the parent route and now I’ve been given the another 2.5 on Partner route, is it possible to combine what I’ve done so far on the Parent route plus the Parnter route will be ok to apply for ILR after 10 years completed legally?
Parent & partner routes can't be combined under 10 years of ILR route. However, these certainly can under 10 years of long residence route for ILR (Set LR).

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Amoya wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 am
Sorry for late response, I was advised to inform HO about my marriage by a solicitor.
I was granted a further 2.5 years only this time it’s not on the parent route but rather the Partner route as well as getting the 2.5 years I was also granted Recourse to Public Funds.
Hi I think solicitor gave u wrong advise. If HO gonna keep u on 10 years route (parent or partner) than u should stick to Parent route, As u always be your child's parent. But if u r in partner route, chances are that relationship can end up anytime. If u read the letter comes with your partner visa approval. It clearly says that u need to inform them if your relationship ends and u have to apply for a new visa in new visa category.

I hope u get my point.

U can get ILR under long residency (10 years legal stay). if they don't close this route in coming 5 years time.

But in partner 10 years route your 10 years time starts when u get that visa. Your previous 5 years under parent route won't count towards 10 years partner route.

Amoya
Newly Registered

Post by Amoya » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:59 am

Thank you for clarifying this for me, I really appreciate it