ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general dependant to Tier2 ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dewdrops1420

Tier 2 general dependant to Tier2 ICT

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 am

Dear all,

Urgent query!!

I’m in a dilemma situation.
My company has decided to make many employees redundant as a result of economy hit due to the outbreak of Covid-19.
I’m on Tier-2 general visa. Considering the present situation, I wonder if I could switch jobs.
My query is : will it be possible that my hubby can switch to Tier-2 ICT so that we could continue living in this country for another 3 or 5 years.
I couldn’t find any gov site mentioning this possibility,
Visas and immigration experts please help me with my query.
My query is about possibility of switching from Tier-2 general dependent to Tier-2 ICT and I’m not looking for settlement.

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 general dependant to Tier2 ICT

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:34 am

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 am
Considering the present situation, I wonder if I could switch jobs.

will it be possible that my hubby can switch to Tier-2 ICT so that we could continue living in this country for another 3 or 5 years.
I couldn’t find any gov site mentioning this possibility
That is two different questions.

You can in theory switch jobs and apply for a Tier 2 visa for the new job.

Separately, normally your husband's proposed application could only be made outside the UK, but last week the Home Office announced some concessions. See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

However, in both cases applications in the UK have now been suspended anyway. See https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... sageId=950

Someone whose visa is expiring can request a free extension to 31 May. See the first link I posted above.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 am

Your post does not provide adequate details on your husband's immigration history.

A Tier 2 ICT applicant should have worked for the sponsor company overseas for atleast 12 months. Exemption applies if pay is above £73,900

Also your husband should not have held a Tier 2 visa as a main applicant in the last 12 months(due to cool off period)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
My husband was in Tier-2 ICT from May 2013 to May 2017 and I was his dependant
On May-2017 , I got Tier 2- general visa and he became my dependant.
Our visa needs extension in May 2020, but sometimes I would become redundant on 20-04-2020 and I will lose my job ultimately.But I would like to know if my hubby can apply for Tier-2 ICT VISA and we can continue staying here.
We are not currently bothered about ILR.
Under these circumstances could you please let me know if he can apply for ICT visa or not.
Thanks in advance

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:30 pm

If your husband is continuing to work for the same company which sponsored his Tier 2 ICT, then technically Yes.
See similar post below:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 98688.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:04 pm

Ok thank you.
Yes he will work for the same company in UK where he has been working since 2013.
So we will have to go back to Home country for getting the new visa right?

Thanks in advance

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:57 pm

No, due to the current pandemic, he may apply within the UK. See below post for more

indefinite-leave-to-remain/covid-19-tie ... 99569.html