ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent to ILR after 2025

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier1Dependent
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent to ILR after 2025

Post by Tier1Dependent » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Dear Gurus

My wife was granted a TIE visa in August 2019, and if all goes well, would be eligible for ILR by the April 2025 deadline.
However, I work abroad, and am not looking to move to the UK before 2022.

I have three queries :

1) Does the T1E Dependent route to ILR also close in April 2025? i.e. Would my clock reset in April 2025, and would I have to switch my visa at that point (possibly to spouse of settled person)? Or will extensions continue for dependents on this route beyond 2025?

2) I have a 11 year old child. Would the child be eligible for ILR only once I am settled, or would they possibly be able to use a 7/10 year route of their own (which may be faster)?

3) I have another younger child born in the UK (when we were on another visa), who has not been continuously resident. Would this child be eligible for ILR in 5 years from Oct 2019, and would that make a positive difference to Q.1 and 2 above?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent to ILR after 2025

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Tier 1E ILR remains open until 2027 2025 for main applicants, the 2025 deadline is only for extension applications. PBS dependants are unaffected as they can arrive much later :!: Children born outside the UK can only get ILR when both parents are settled. Children born in the UK can be registered directly as British after at least one parent gets ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 pm
Tier 1E ILR remains open until 2027 for main applicants, the 2025 deadline is only for extension applications. PBS dependants often are unaffected as they can arrive much later :!: Children born outside the UK can only get ILR when both parents are settled. Children born in the UK can be registered directly as British after at least one parent gets ILR.
The guidance states:

4) Extension applications for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants will remain open until 5 April 2023, and settlement applications until 5 April 2025.
5) Switching applications for Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) applicants will remain open until 5 July 2021. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) extension applications will remain open for these individuals until 5 July 2025, and settlement applications until 5 July 2027.

I believe settlement date is 5 April 2025 for OP's case unless there has been an update I have missed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Tier1Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Dependent » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:09 pm

Thank you Zimba for the quick response

@Marcnath - I am clear that my wife (the main applicant) would have the route open only till April 2025. Would we read this date as also valid for dependent settlement applications?

This is what I'm looking to get clarity on. It sounds like a tough timeline for dependent settlement even in normal circumstances.

Would appreciate opinions from both of you, given the wording of HO guidance

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:13 pm

The statement of the cut off date relates only to main Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa holders and not Tier 1 Dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Tier1Dependent wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:09 pm
Thank you Zimba for the quick response

@Marcnath - I am clear that my wife (the main applicant) would have the route open only till April 2025. Would we read this date as also valid for dependent settlement applications?

This is what I'm looking to get clarity on. It sounds like a tough timeline for dependent settlement even in normal circumstances.

Would appreciate opinions from both of you, given the wording of HO guidance

Thanks again
@zimba had already addressed that - there is no specified end date for PBS dependants
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Tier1Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Dependent » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Thank you all

Best Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:31 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm
Zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 pm
Tier 1E ILR remains open until 2027 for main applicants, the 2025 deadline is only for extension applications. PBS dependants often are unaffected as they can arrive much later :!: Children born outside the UK can only get ILR when both parents are settled. Children born in the UK can be registered directly as British after at least one parent gets ILR.
The guidance states:

4) Extension applications for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants will remain open until 5 April 2023, and settlement applications until 5 April 2025.
5) Switching applications for Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) applicants will remain open until 5 July 2021. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) extension applications will remain open for these individuals until 5 July 2025, and settlement applications until 5 July 2027.

I believe settlement date is 5 April 2025 for OP's case unless there has been an update I have missed.
Thanks for the correction I mixed it up with Tier 1GE
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice