ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tcell88
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by tcell88 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm

gofornaturalisation wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:26 pm
Stefan Piatek wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:29 am
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:14 am
rozearo wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 pm
I called the HO today and I have been told that they have stopped processing all the naturalization applications at the moment (mine was submitted about 2 months ago). The priority will be for Visa applications. So it look like that there will be a significant delay for all naturalization apllication as the situation will continue for at least few weeks if not months. I am not sure how accurate is the information that I have been given over the phone as it is not published any where!
Hi rozearo,

Interestingly, I got the complete opposite response three times when I called the HO (3 times) yesterday. All the HO staffers on the phone said that they are most definitely still processing citizenship applications, at least for the moment. The 3rd person in particular was very emphatic and even asked where I got the information that they had been suspended. I called three times to see whether the responses varied but they all said the same thing, citizenship applications are being processed. So that's interesting that they're giving out contradictory advice!
The lack of official information is really frustrationg, considering, that the informationg they are giving people over the phone are contradictory. As you can see on the forum, no one has gotten a letter in over a week, and if they are working as usual, someone should get a letter. And if they stopped sending the letters, they should put that information somewhere, like they did with MOT or about postponing the ceremonies.
Yep I totally agree with you, I feel like I just got caught up in the mess of delays but there's nothing we can do now. I think the proof is sadly in the pudding, there have been no approval letters since 23 March, which suggests they've at least slowed down due to working from home etc, or have literally put them all on the back-burner and we're being sold the company line over the phone.

Hopefully we can all get out of this virus situation safely and quickly and get on with getting citizenship soon!
I think there are two different aspects which seem to be disconnected. The actual processing of an application, and the submission of the letter. The first one can be done while working from home, while the second one not. So they could be processing our applications but that doesn't mean they are sending out letters.

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm

tcell88 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm
Stefan Piatek wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:14 am

Hi rozearo,

Interestingly, I got the complete opposite response three times when I called the HO (3 times) yesterday. All the HO staffers on the phone said that they are most definitely still processing citizenship applications, at least for the moment. The 3rd person in particular was very emphatic and even asked where I got the information that they had been suspended. I called three times to see whether the responses varied but they all said the same thing, citizenship applications are being processed. So that's interesting that they're giving out contradictory advice!
The lack of official information is really frustrationg, considering, that the informationg they are giving people over the phone are contradictory. As you can see on the forum, no one has gotten a letter in over a week, and if they are working as usual, someone should get a letter. And if they stopped sending the letters, they should put that information somewhere, like they did with MOT or about postponing the ceremonies.
Yep I totally agree with you, I feel like I just got caught up in the mess of delays but there's nothing we can do now. I think the proof is sadly in the pudding, there have been no approval letters since 23 March, which suggests they've at least slowed down due to working from home etc, or have literally put them all on the back-burner and we're being sold the company line over the phone.

Hopefully we can all get out of this virus situation safely and quickly and get on with getting citizenship soon!
I think there are two different aspects which seem to be disconnected. The actual processing of an application, and the submission of the letter. The first one can be done while working from home, while the second one not. So they could be processing our applications but that doesn't mean they are sending out letters.
Hi tcell88,

Yep that's a great point. I actually asked this to the first HO staffer and they said that yes, it is currently still possible to get an approval letter in the mail while the citizenship certificate sits in their office somewhere gathering dust while we wait for the town halls to re-open for ceremonies. So in theory, shouldn't be a problem getting that approval letter out. I was very specific about this with the HO staffer on the phone because obviously that's our only indication that we've been approved/rejected. Nonetheless, as we said, no one has received one of these in a week so...

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi gofornaturalisation, rozearo, tcell88, Stefan Piatek
which phone number did you use for calling to HO?

tcell88
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by tcell88 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm
tcell88 wrote:
Stefan Piatek wrote:

Hi tcell88,

Yep that's a great point. I actually asked this to the first HO staffer and they said that yes, it is currently still possible to get an approval letter in the mail while the citizenship certificate sits in their office somewhere gathering dust while we wait for the town halls to re-open for ceremonies. So in theory, shouldn't be a problem getting that approval letter out. I was very specific about this with the HO staffer on the phone because obviously that's our only indication that we've been approved/rejected. Nonetheless, as we said, no one has received one of these in a week so...
It could also be that they stopped for a week or so and then started again. So when one called it was accurate they stopped, and when the other called it was accurate they are processing. If letters start popping up in the next few days we'll know. One thing is for sure is that Royal mail is delivering letters, and i've received 2nd class letters with a 4 day delay from letter date (other non HO-related things).

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 pm

topsecret wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm
I have got my SAR request reply. And you know what - they have not done anything with the application since September 2019!!! No any notes, no any records that it is being processed, just simple payment and copy of application - that's it. Now I am not surprised that they have a special priority some people! I am shocked (well, not shocked as I expected that) :lol:

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:32 pm

topsecret wrote:
phone: 0300 123 2253

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm

[Hi PPTP
Yeah my friend I tried everything my MP contacted HO several times and I was also sending them Emails / calling but there is nothing we can do all we can do is wait and wait .

albanian33
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by albanian33 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 am
Mine is taking much longer than I was expecting
This is the... 32nd.. Month of waiting that's nearly 3 Years lond wait .

Application date 25-july-2017
My case is very straight forward 11 years long residency + ILR. Due to covid19 virus the applications might take longer .
impossible to take take that long. is your identity verifiable? unless they have any doubt about your identity they wouldn’t delay.

Small

Post by Small » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm

Hello 👋,
I know it's annoying to tell and ask something about BC due to COVID 19. But I have been told that HO is doing work in homes 🏠 now. Also HO is thinking to arrange ceremonies online. But once again no official statement made by HO, not even what HO is going to do.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:27 am

PPTP wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 pm
topsecret wrote:
I have got my SAR request reply. And you know what - they have not done anything with the application since September 2019!!! No any notes, no any records that it is being processed, just simple payment and copy of application - that's it. Now I am not surprised that they have a special priority some people! I am shocked (well, not shocked as I expected that) :lol:

i can only say that homeoffice is the world top useless institution, delaying application process without any solid reason.
If home office not able to proceed the application within 6 month then why taking new application, and money?

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:31 am

topsecret wrote:
Same as Stefan Piatek, 0300 123 2253.

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 am

tcell88 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:57 pm
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 pm
tcell88 wrote:

Hi tcell88,

It could also be that they stopped for a week or so and then started again. So when one called it was accurate they stopped, and when the other called it was accurate they are processing. If letters start popping up in the next few days we'll know. One thing is for sure is that Royal mail is delivering letters, and i've received 2nd class letters with a 4 day delay from letter date (other non HO-related things).
Great call, and hopefully its as simple as that really. Lets see if anyone pops up with any approvals in the next few days.

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered

Post by gofornaturalisation » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:41 am

Small wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm
Hello 👋,
I know it's annoying to tell and ask something about BC due to COVID 19. But I have been told that HO is doing work in homes 🏠 now. Also HO is thinking to arrange ceremonies online. But once again no official statement made by HO, not even what HO is going to do.
Hi small,

Would you mind please elaborating a little bit? Where did you hear that HO staff are still working from home?

Also what do you mean by thinking about arranging ceremonies online? Do you mean that they want to start organising calendars for the council ceremonies online from now... Or that they want to start face-timing the ceremonies so that we can do it in our PJs at home... I'm curious about where you heard this particularly because it's quite radical but seemingly a good idea - I'm sure they can verify identities over a video call and then just post out the certificate.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 am

Keep in mind that (a) the UKVI contact center is out-sourced and not manned by Home Office staffers and (b) their answers, even if in writing, are not authoritative.

UKV&I Customer Enquiry Service - Customer and Partner Q&A

Announcement about outsourcing (2017)
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am

topsecret wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:27 am
PPTP wrote:
topsecret wrote:

i can only say that homeoffice is the world top useless institution, delaying application process without any solid reason.
If home office not able to proceed the application within 6 month then why taking new application, and money?
I knew that HO is Useless when HO lost my application for nearly 3 years from their decisions system. Why taking money - because it is a cash flow for them and salaries. Decisions we will make some other time. They can process within 6 months but simply not even put an effort to work efficiently.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 am

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am
topsecret wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:27 am
PPTP wrote:
topsecret wrote:

I knew that HO is Useless when HO lost my application for nearly 3 years from their decisions system. Why taking money - because it is a cash flow for them and salaries. Decisions we will make some other time. They can process within 6 months but simply not even put an effort to work efficiently.
It frightens me the idea of them losing my application.how would I know if they don't reply properly .

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:26 pm

Hellooo my friend Sousa49, just checking on you bro. Any hope yet? I've since settled and moved on to next level....have they answered you?

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Ifycamilla wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:26 pm
Hellooo my friend Sousa49, just checking on you bro. Any hope yet? I've since settled and moved on to next level....have they answered you?
[/quote

Good for you Ifycamilla. Happy for you and thank you for asking. No news yet..and this Corona virus thing doesn't help..I was expecting somenews from someone who made contact with them but the lockdown was announced..
Anyway hope you are safe with your loved ones

cm19
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by cm19 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm

PPTP wrote:
topsecret wrote:
That is so frustrating, are you a spouse of a British citizen? I also applied in Sept and nothing yet. I have just requested an SAR, what proof of identity did u send with your SAR aplication? Did you need to get a picture of yourself counter signed by a professional? Thanks

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:35 pm

cm19 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm
PPTP wrote:
topsecret wrote:
That is so frustrating, are you a spouse of a British citizen? I also applied in Sept and nothing yet. I have just requested an SAR, what proof of identity did u send with your SAR aplication? Did you need to get a picture of yourself counter signed by a professional? Thanks
I am a refugee applicant. Not a spouse.

You need a certified copy of the passport you used for your application. ID can be certified
Your photo identification must be accompanied by a written statement, by a person listed below, to provide certification that the photo is a true likeness of you.

The written confirmation on the photo identification must:

use the following words: “I certify that this is a true likeness of [full name of applicant]”
include the name and signature of the person certifying the copy and be dated within the last 6 months
The following people can provide this confirmation:

a legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
a solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
a commissioner for oaths
a registered charity
We also accept requests that have used the Post Office documentation checking service.

Also don’t forget to draft a letter authorization that you allow HO to send all details to yourself - that’s important.

More details on https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 am

It frightens me the idea of them losing my application.how would I know if they don't reply properly .
How would you know? Also praying :lol: well chase them and complains.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:53 pm

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 am

How would you know? Also praying :lol: well chase them and complains.
Hello PPTP

How did you know that your previous application was lost?
I am hoping that the delay in my current naturalisation application is not due the application lost in their system

cm19
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by cm19 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:21 pm

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:35 pm
cm19 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm
PPTP wrote:
topsecret wrote:
I am a refugee applicant. Not a spouse.

You need a certified copy of the passport you used for your application. ID can be certified
Your photo identification must be accompanied by a written statement, by a person listed below, to provide certification that the photo is a true likeness of you.

The written confirmation on the photo identification must:

use the following words: “I certify that this is a true likeness of [full name of applicant]”
include the name and signature of the person certifying the copy and be dated within the last 6 months
The following people can provide this confirmation:

a legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
a solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
a commissioner for oaths
a registered charity
We also accept requests that have used the Post Office documentation checking service.

Also don’t forget to draft a letter authorization that you allow HO to send all details to yourself - that’s important.

More details on https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
Thanks for the detailed reply. I hope you get good news soon.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello PPTP

How did you know that your previous application was lost?
I am hoping that the delay in my current naturalisation application is not due the application lost in their system
After 3 years of waiting you would understand... HO told it was dropped and lost from the cycle.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:19 pm

cm19 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply. I hope you get good news soon.
Happy to help! Any questions, please ask.