ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application postponed with COVID 19

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulkumar0907
inactive

ILR application postponed with COVID 19

Post by rahulkumar0907 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello

I am eligible to apply for settlement- ILR application from today. I spoke with UKVICAS team and they had informed the visa centers are closed until further notice.
I am looking to go for ILR same day service but it seems that is possible only after the restrictions are lifted. But i am quiet concerned if there will be problems with my job before the restrictions are lifted as the companies are already starting planning for redundancy and lay offs given the economic conditions on the air.

With this situation in place i have couple of options:

Option 1 :I have the 'Foreseeable future' letter from my employer and all the required documents in my hand. Do you advise to go for normal postal application route uploading all the documents right now ? But the down side of this is it will take 6 months to get a decision

Option 2 : Wait for things to get normal and use same day service. But down side of this is there might be a problem with my job and i might not get the 'Foreseeable future' letter

Can you guys please throw some advise or suggestions which option to go based on your experience.

Quiet anxious and confused at this situation.

Any help would be much appreciated at this stage.

Thank you very much
Rahul

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application postponed with COVID 19

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Amithelaoo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Amithelaoo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Hello, I'm also in a similar situation where I'm eligible to apply for settlement- ILR application from today, however when I try to submit the ILR application online it shows that the Priority and Super Priority appoinments are no longer available until further notice.

I am looking to go for ILR Super Priority service but it seems that is possible only after the restrictions are lifted. My Employers might be putting a lot of employees on Furlough or potential lay offs due to Covid19 crisis.

I want some advise on whether

1- I should apply for ILR using the Standard Service now as I have all the documentation from HR and Salary Slips, etc ready, even though it can take 6 months for the application to be processed or.

2/ Wait out for the Priority/Super Priority Apoointments to open again and then apply for it for the same day service?

I would really appreciate someones advice on this as this is a bit of nervous time as I've already completed my 5 years and due to these uncontrollable situation, I'm unable to apply for my ILR currently.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:04 am

As far as my understanding is that there are no more postal services in place since a year or 2. all applications should be submitted online and then the supporting documents are scanned and uploaded as part of standard/priority or super priority service. once you have done so, then you still have to wait for the sopra steria centers to open so that you can enroll your bio metrics.
So the only advantage of standard service would be ( in my opinion) that if something goes wrong with you current job in future, your application will already be in HO system if your all requirements are in place in today date. Some one ca correct me if I am wrong.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.