ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kyatezz

Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Post by kyatezz » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 pm

I need to collect the BRP of my Tier 2 General dependant child from London by April 6th 2020 (as the vignette will expire by then), however can't travel due to ongoing corona outbreak. Currently in Hyderabad, India.

A) How should I proceed and if you can help me with the website from which I can apply for Vignette extension, it will be great.

B) What other options do I have, can I nominate my friend in the UK to collect it?

C) As per above reply, can I collect the BRP 10 days after I enter into UK (say I enter UK in the month of May), as it appears, BRP can be collected before vignette expiry or within 10 days of entering UK, whichever is later.

kyatezz

Re: Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Post by kyatezz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 am

This is the email I got from Gov.UK Immigration services. This is a paid service and you can pay £5 and write a n email to get a reply.

You can use the below link to initiate a vignette extension. I needed a vignette extension and not a vignette transfer, but the application process is the same for both (think they sent me a standard templated reply)

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry.
You can apply for the Vignette Transfer.
This allows you to enter the UK after your 30 days vignette expires.
Please see link below
https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

Please Note - you cannot change the dates to come in earlier but you can change the dates to come after you 30 days vignette expires.

-------

Contact UK Visas and Immigration in English
You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application. Contact centre staff cannot give you advice about your personal circumstances.

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Options for BRP collection if Corona virus related lockdown comes into effect

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:37 am

Please don it tag onto topics in sub forums not related to tier 2 visas.

You cannot nominate someone to collect your brp if you have not arrived in the UK. You have to present your passport and entry stamp in order to collect your brp at the post office. The post offices are still open.

The requirment is to collect your brp within 10 days of arrival, regardless of how close to the visa vignette expiry date you arrive.

You obviously need a valid 30 day visa to be able to board the plane.

You should keep an eye on the ukvi announcements.

UKVI priority at the moment is getting British citizens back to the UK and helping those visa holders who are stuck in the UK with expired or soon to expire visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.