ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa status “review”

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

UK Spouse Visa Payslips starting from the first week of the month

Post by Nafees777 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am

Dear experts in this field,

I need advice on this because lawyers are giving me different answers and its confusing me even more.

My wife has an ILR in the UK and I am currently based in Japan. I have a Sri Lankan passport.
My wife started working from the 4th on November and she got a payslip by the end of November. And at the end of this month she would have 6 payslips.

Can we consider the november payslip in this situation? It was only 70 pound less than her usual full pay, because the 2nd and 3rd were weekends and the only day she missed was a friday for that month.

Would really appreciate a response to this.
Thank you
Nafees

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Visa Payslips starting from the first week of the month

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:24 am

Nafees777 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am
Dear experts in this field,

I need advice on this because lawyers are giving me different answers and its confusing me even more.

My wife has an ILR in the UK and I am currently based in Japan. I have a Sri Lankan passport.
My wife started working from the 4th on November and she got a payslip by the end of November. And at the end of this month she would have 6 payslips.

Can we consider the november payslip in this situation? It was only 70 pound less than her usual full pay, because the 2nd and 3rd were weekends and the only day she missed was a friday for that month.

Would really appreciate a response to this.
Thank you
Nafees
Under category A the financial threshold won't just be merely met with 6 payslips rather with 6 months of payslips. Also if she is working with base salary (salaried person) then her lowest wages figure earned during the last 6 months or 26 weeks will be considered. Moreover presently almost every worker/employee is affected because of the temporary suspension of business activities & lockdown and unfortunately the immigration requirements over meeting the financial threshold are exactly same as were previously.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Nafees777 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Dear seagul, thanks for your reply.

She has 6 months payslip but the only thing is that for the first month she started working from the 4th instead of the 1st of that month.. So can we still count the payslip for that month?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Dear seagul, thanks for your reply.

She has 6 months payslip but the only thing is that for the first month she started working from the 4th instead of the 1st of that month.. So can we still count the payslip for that month?
She will finish her 6 months on or after 4th May 2020 and the supporting documents dated after the date of application won't be considered if you think to apply now and book the biometrics when 6 months finishes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am

Regardless of when they 'physically' started, what is the start date in their contract, where applicable?
In other words, what date would their employer state as their start date in the required employment letter?

What is the taxable pay or amount in the November payslip?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Nafees777 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 pm

We will apply after May 4th.

Her pay for the month of November is around £1650
The employer will state that she started on November 4th because that is the actual date she started working.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 pm
We will apply after May 4th.

Her pay for the month of November is around £1650
The employer will state that she started on November 4th because that is the actual date she started working.
Then should be fine. Also the income seems sufficient it haven't been fallen than £1550 during the whole of 6 months before applying.

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

UK spouse visa phone interview.

Post by Nafees777 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:49 am

Dear friends,

I applied as a dependent of my wife to come to the UK and I had my biometric on the 24th June 2020. My wife got a call from the home office to inquire about her job on the 16th of July. When I inquired about this from other they all tell me that I would hear a response within two weeks after the phone interview. How far is this true? Usually how long do they take to grant a decision after the phone interview. Hope to hear back from someone who has experienced this because I feel very stressed about this.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK spouse visa phone interview.

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:17 am

Nafees777 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:49 am
Dear friends,

I applied as a dependent of my wife to come to the UK and I had my biometric on the 24th June 2020. My wife got a call from the home office to inquire about her job on the 16th of July. When I inquired about this from other they all tell me that I would hear a response within two weeks after the phone interview. How far is this true? Usually how long do they take to grant a decision after the phone interview. Hope to hear back from someone who has experienced this because I feel very stressed about this.

Thank you
These are on unusual times so you can only be hopeful, no one can tell you 'usually how long', it will be guessing and giving false assurance. There is not enough statistical data in this pandemic period to trend decision from HO.

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Forgot to include a visa refusal but included in my cover letter

Post by Nafees777 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Dear members,

I have a concern about my application so I’d like to know your opinion on this.

I applied for Spouse visa and when I filled the application I entered all my immigration history, including the refusal I got to remain in the UK, but for some reason I forgot to mention about a visit visa I applied and got refused a year ago. But I mentioned about this application in my cover letter. Will this cause any issues or get a 10 year ban? I am really concerned about this.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Forgot to include a visa refusal but included in my cover letter

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:32 pm
Dear members,

I have a concern about my application so I’d like to know your opinion on this.

I applied for Spouse visa and when I filled the application I entered all my immigration history, including the refusal I got to remain in the UK, but for some reason I forgot to mention about a visit visa I applied and got refused a year ago. But I mentioned about this application in my cover letter. Will this cause any issues or get a 10 year ban? I am really concerned about this.

Thank you
Hopefully not since you have disclosed it in covering letter.

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Forgot to include a visa refusal but included in my cover letter

Post by Nafees777 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:24 pm

I really can’t believe how I missed that part.. I really hope that wouldn’t be an issue.

Nafees777
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Spouse visa status “review”

Post by Nafees777 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Dear board members,

I applied for Spouse visa and had my biometric on the 24th June 2020. During my biometric I didn’t submit my passport, so I payed an extra sum to keep it with me.

On the 14th of September I received an email stating that the application is been assessed and for me to submit my passport. Which I went the following day and submitted.

Usually after submission I should hear a response within 10 days but now it’s nearly 20 days since I submitted my passport which is concerning me a lot. So today my wife called the UKVI to inquire about the status for which they have responded saying that it’s under “review”. And also they have said a decision is not made yet.. this is very concerning because I thought they only ask to submit the passport after the decision is made. I would really appreciate a response from the experts in this forum.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa status “review”

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:35 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:28 pm
Dear board members,

I applied for Spouse visa and had my biometric on the 24th June 2020. During my biometric I didn’t submit my passport, so I payed an extra sum to keep it with me.

On the 14th of September I received an email stating that the application is been assessed and for me to submit my passport. Which I went the following day and submitted.

Usually after submission I should hear a response within 10 days but now it’s nearly 20 days since I submitted my passport which is concerning me a lot. So today my wife called the UKVI to inquire about the status for which they have responded saying that it’s under “review”. And also they have said a decision is not made yet.. this is very concerning because I thought they only ask to submit the passport after the decision is made. I would really appreciate a response from the experts in this forum.

Thank you
Better to wait a bit more than speak to your local MP in UK.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa status “review”

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:09 pm

Nafees777 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:28 pm
Dear board members,

Thank you
These are quite unusual times and every thing that can be predicted are out the window. The waiting/patience is still the option.