ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunfah
Newly Registered

To apply for ILR

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

I have spouse dependant visa, we took FLRM route and now I have to apply for ILR. My BRP will expire in April. My husband is UK national now.
Can you please help me with the form link and list of documents needed to be attached. I have also created list, if I miss something please mention.

My BRP
My Husband's passport copy
My pakistani Passport
My husband's play slips, p60s
letter from employer
life in uk certificate
English test certificate
proof of address
family photos
marriage certificate

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: To apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Can you please help me with the form link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
and list of documents needed to be attached. I have also created list, if I miss something please mention.

My BRP
My Husband's passport copy
My pakistani Passport
My husband's play slips, p60s
letter from employer
life in uk certificate
English test certificate
proof of address
family photos
marriage certificate
P60s is not required. You need a minimum of 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements to prove the financial requirment.

Family photos is NOT required.

You need two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 different sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Thank you it means I don't need to take out print of form like I always did earlier? It is only online now and I have to attach scaned documents?
Thanks in advance

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm

And one more question I did my B1 English test in 2015, I have been using this test result up till now(for 3 times visa extension) Last time when I applied for visa in the form they asked to mention certificate number which is not in my certificate as it was done in 2015 and that time there was not such information on certificate, so I explained in cover letter and there was no issue. Is it okay to use this certificate this time too?
thanks

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi I will highly appreciate your reply for last 2 questions.
regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:53 pm

hunfah wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 pm
Thank you it means I don't need to take out print of form like I always did earlier? It is only online now and I have to attach scaned documents?
Thanks in advance
Yes this has been the case for more than a year :!:
hunfah wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm
And one more question I did my B1 English test in 2015, I have been using this test result up till now(for 3 times visa extension) Last time when I applied for visa in the form they asked to mention certificate number which is not in my certificate as it was done in 2015 and that time there was not such information on certificate, so I explained in cover letter and there was no issue. Is it okay to use this certificate this time too?
thanks
As long as the test centre is still on the approved list
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 am

Thank you for your response. yes my test rsult is no more valid and I have booked new this Saturday.
Can you please tell me examples of proof of cohabitation?
Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm

hunfah wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 am
Thank you for your response. yes my test rsult is no more valid and I have booked new this Saturday.
Can you please tell me examples of proof of cohabitation?
Regards
Any evidence can be used bills, letters, bank statements , etc
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 pm

Thank you, I have passed my B1 test last weekend. I really appreciate for mentioning it otherwise I would have used old certificate. :)
There are 4 more questions.
1) I got visa on 3rd March 2014 so I have completed my five years in 2019. My BRP will expire in April 2020. So I can apply anytime before BRP expiration?
2) Can I get the link for ILR documents requiremnets?(I am applying for ILR as dependent of British national)
3)Form I need to fill is ''Apply online (form SET(M))''?
4)Once applied do I need to go for biometrics myself or I will get letter from home office?
5) Do I need to upload scanned docs oline? Not in post?
Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 am

hunfah wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 pm
Thank you, I have passed my B1 test last weekend. I really appreciate for mentioning it otherwise I would have used old certificate. :)
There are 4 more questions.
1) I got visa on 3rd March 2014 so I have completed my five years in 2019. My BRP will expire in April 2020. So I can apply anytime before BRP expiration?
2) Can I get the link for ILR documents requiremnets?(I am applying for ILR as dependent of British national)
3)Form I need to fill is ''Apply online (form SET(M))''?
4)Once applied do I need to go for biometrics myself or I will get letter from home office?
5) Do I need to upload scanned docs oline? Not in post?
Thanks in advance
1. Yes
2. The online system will tell you what you need
3. Correct
4. After submission, you will be asked to book and attend an appointment
5. Nothing is sent. All documents are scanned and uploaded only

hunfah
Newly Registered

Documents uploadong on UKVCAS site

Post by hunfah » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am

Hi, I have filled and submitted my ILR application. After booking biometrics I have to upload documents where I am little confused. In mendatory documents I have to upload decleration signed by spouse and my passport. I can't upload file of scanned pages of my passport at once, I am doing page by page(giving title to each page). Is this the write way to do it?
Instruction says each scan size should be elss than 6MB, this mentioned size is for one page(e.g first page of my passport) or whole section?
I am pasting 5th point from given instructions.
le Size: each uploaded document has a file size limit of 6MB. Uploading larger files will result in your documents being rejected, so please ensure the file is as small as possible and not more than 6 MB. If your document is over 6 MB please separate it into parts and create separate files to upload. There is no limit on the number of documents/files you can upload.

Thank you in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Documents uploadong on UKVCAS site

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:51 am

hunfah wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am
Hi, I have filled and submitted my ILR application. After booking biometrics I have to upload documents where I am little confused. In mendatory documents I have to upload decleration signed by spouse and my passport. I can't upload file of scanned pages of my passport at once, I am doing page by page(giving title to each page). Is this the write way to do it?
Instruction says each scan size should be elss than 6MB, this mentioned size is for one page(e.g first page of my passport) or whole section?
I am pasting 5th point from given instructions.
le Size: each uploaded document has a file size limit of 6MB. Uploading larger files will result in your documents being rejected, so please ensure the file is as small as possible and not more than 6 MB. If your document is over 6 MB please separate it into parts and create separate files to upload. There is no limit on the number of documents/files you can upload.

Thank you in advance
You should upload page by page. Each scan should not be over 6MB

hunfah
Newly Registered

Post by hunfah » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi, I have uploaded all my documents on UKVCAS and have appointment for biometrics on 21st April. I can't see any button for final submission of my documents. What I should expect next? I will be able to submit from my end or person from biometrics office will do it? does guy at biometrics office needs my username and password at the time of appoinrtment to access my account?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm

There is not submit button for you when you have uploaded. Ukcvas do that once your identity has been checked and biomterics enrolled.

No they do not need your username details.

It is also likely that your appointment on 21st April will be cancelled as all centres are currently closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:59 pm

You just need to carry a printout of your appointment letter.
Keep checking your email and ukvcas website on updates
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.