ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefits but husband on spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bluetulip
Newly Registered
Mood:

Claiming benefits but husband on spouse visa

Post by bluetulip » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:40 am

My Husband is on a Spouse Visa with no recourse to public funds.

We were both working but since Covid-19 my husband has been laid off. I work and earn £19,958 and I have a Daughter who lives with us.

I have just made a UC claim (joint claim) but on the phone interview explained that my Husband is not entitled and gave BRP details.

I hope this is ok to do. I don't want it effecting his visa status when we apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain next year.

shaniHaroon
Pakistan

Re: Claiming benefits but husband on spouse visa

Post by shaniHaroon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:13 pm

you must be very careful, you need to declare yours husband visa status to UC team otherwise he is bearching his visa conditions where clearly state " No recourse to Public Funds", so he is not entitled to any kind of funds offered by government whatsoever reason, i know when you claim UC you have to select default options as partner but during telephonic or face to face you need to declare his visa situation also one things one similar if you apply council tax credit again he is not eligible for that as well , good luck , for better clarification you could as immigration advisor