ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending my LTR (HRO) Private life 10 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tbuzzle
Newly Registered

Extending my LTR (HRO) Private life 10 year route

Post by Tbuzzle » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:53 am

Hi everyone
Hope everyone is well. I have been a silent reader on this forum but thought I now need help as I am due to extend my visa. Nearly 2 and a half years ago I was granted leave to remain on family life route my whole family including my parents and both have ILR and I applied on the basis of staying with them. I am on the 10 year route to settlement however when I applied in 2016 the forms were different and it was LTR (O) as I am over 18 and am outside the immigration rules. My question is now that I need to extend my visa for the first time, what form do I use? I still live with my parents and everything is still similar as before? Also what evidence do they need this time?

Tbuzzle
Newly Registered

Re: Extending my LTR (HRO) Private life 10 year route

Post by Tbuzzle » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:03 am

Everyone’s help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance 🙏🏾

Cent 2016
Newly Registered

Re: Extending my LTR (HRO) Private life 10 year route

Post by Cent 2016 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:03 am

Hi,
Your question is unclear to me. Are you considering applying under the "Family in the" route as a family member, and if so, under what category within that route? or are you applying under the "Private Life Route". Each of these routes have some similarities and differences in their requirements, so I think firstly, you need to be clear about what requirement you could comfortably meet and are able to evidence in your application then find the route that most match the requirements that you already have and take it from there.

For example, if you are applying on the basis of your private life as someone who is between the ages of 18 and 24, you must meet one of these requirements/criteria:
  • between 18 and 24 and you’ve lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life.
      18 or over, have spent less than 20 years in the UK and would have very significant problems living in the country you’d have to go to - for example, you do not speak the language and could not learn it.

The 2 links below should take you directly to the pages where you might find some answers to your questions, including what forms to use.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigra ... mily-visas

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/private-life

All the best.