ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID automatic NHS visas extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

StayAtHome
Newly Registered

COVID automatic NHS visas extension

Post by StayAtHome » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:07 pm

Dear All

I hope you are well in this difficult time.

The home office anounced 3 days ago that they will do automatic extension for NHS staff and their dependants.
They have not mentioned any details on how to apply and what are the requirements & as usuall there phone does not answer and no reply on emails.

i wonder if anyone can advise where to start as my dependants' visas are due to expire in few weeks.

Stay safe
Best regards

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: COVID automatic NHS visas extension

Post by JB007 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm

StayAtHome wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:07 pm
The home office anounced 3 days ago that they will do automatic extension for NHS staff and their dependants.
They have not mentioned any details on how to apply and what are the requirements & as usuall there phone does not answer and no reply on emails.

i wonder if anyone can advise where to start as my dependants' visas are due to expire in few weeks.
It's not for all NHS staff. The automatic extrension is only for doctors, nurses and paramedics and their dependents.

As part of the national effort to combat coronavirus, doctors, nurses and paramedics will automatically have their visas extended, free of charge, for one year.

The extension, announced today (31 March) by the Home Secretary Priti Patel, will apply to around 2,800 migrant doctors, nurses and paramedics, employed by the NHS whose visa is due to expire before 1 October.

The extension will also apply to their family members, demonstrating how valued overseas NHS staff are to the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs- ... oronavirus

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 pm

JB007 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm
StayAtHome wrote:

It's not for all NHS staff. The automatic extrension is only for doctors, nurses and paramedics and their dependents.

As part of the national effort to combat coronavirus, doctors, nurses and paramedics will automatically have their visas extended, free of charge, for one year.

The extension, announced today (31 March) by the Home Secretary Priti Patel, will apply to around 2,800 migrant doctors, nurses and paramedics, employed by the NHS whose visa is due to expire before 1 October.

The extension will also apply to their family members, demonstrating how valued overseas NHS staff are to the UK.

The poster also already holds ILR, so unlikely they can jump on this bandwagon for their dependent.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/pbs- ... l#p1892374
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 pm
JB007 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm
StayAtHome wrote:

The poster also already holds ILR, so unlikely they can jump on this bandwagon for their dependent.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/pbs- ... l#p1892374
Ahh, right. Then he will have to apply in time and pay visa fees and IHS, to extend the visas of his dependants.

StayAtHome
Newly Registered

Post by StayAtHome » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Thank you guys for your reply
However, you did not answer my question which is where to start as there are no details at all in the announcement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:05 am

Your dependent applies for a normal extension in the normal way, paying visa fee and IHS fees because you hold ilr.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577027492

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577027492
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.