ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Requirement not met, not present on actual date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by gk642 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:58 am

Dear Moderators and Gurus,

I have submitted my British Citizenship application and waiting to book an appointment once UKVCAS centres to reopen from COVID19 shutdown.
However, looking at this post, I realised that I have answered "No" for this question in my application:
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
I thought this question is about previous applications for British Citizenship if any and skipped it. I actually have applied for Tier 2 General abroad and then applied for ILR in UK. I can't edit my application now. Would it be still fine to continue with the application as my BRP details are still captured? Please advise.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:58 am

The questions does clearly state immigration and not citizenship.

Naturalisation is not an immigration application.

Write a cover letter explaining and provide the details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Thanks for the response CR001.

I came to UK on Tier 2 General visa (3 years). Applied for an extension and then for ILR (in UK). Does all the three applications qualify for immigration applications?

As per the immigration details, does application ID/Visa/BRP ID and submitted date suffice?

Also, is there any reference to cover letter I can use?

Thanks in advance!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 am

gk642 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:30 pm
Thanks for the response CR001.

I came to UK on Tier 2 General visa (3 years). Applied for an extension and then for ILR (in UK). Does all the three applications qualify for immigration applications?

As per the immigration details, does application ID/Visa/BRP ID and submitted date suffice?

Also, is there any reference to cover letter I can use?

Thanks in advance!
Just write a letter and mention that you answered the question wrongly in our application and then provide the details of the applications you have made.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Help - Requirement not met, not present on actual date

Post by gk642 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 am

Hi Mods and Gurus,

I have applied my application on 27th March 2020. Today, I got an email from a caseworker stating that a person is required to be in UK on the actual date 5 years before making the application. So the qualifying period for me is 28 March 2015 to 27 March 2020 and I am expected to be in UK on 28th March 2015. But I was out of UK from 23 March 2015 to 12 April 2015 on holiday and hence the requirement is not met.

I didn't do enough research myself and have clearly overlooked this. May be a note for others.

However, the good news is, I can reply the submitted form to the same email and they will consider it as a resubmitted date. I need your advice on what to consider before replying. The email states that I should include HO reference number, name, name of the case worker in the subject. I will also check if I am outside UK on this day 5 years ago so I not get in to the same scenario.

Thanks!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Help - Requirement not met, not present on actual date

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:53 pm

gk642 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 am
Hi Mods and Gurus,

I have applied my application on 27th March 2020. Today, I got an email from a caseworker stating that a person is required to be in UK on the actual date 5 years before making the application. So the qualifying period for me is 28 March 2015 to 27 March 2020 and I am expected to be in UK on 28th March 2015. But I was out of UK from 23 March 2015 to 12 April 2015 on holiday and hence the requirement is not met.

I didn't do enough research myself and have clearly overlooked this. May be a note for others.

However, the good news is, I can reply the submitted form to the same email and they will consider it as a resubmitted date. I need your advice on what to consider before replying. The email states that I should include HO reference number, name, name of the case worker in the subject. I will also check if I am outside UK on this day 5 years ago so I not get in to the same scenario.

Thanks!

It's straightforward. if you are replying the email today, make sure you were in the UK on the 22&23/07/2015
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:37 pm

You are lucky CW has been kind to offer you the reconsideration of the date. It could have been an outright refusal otherwise.

Also, this shows, applications are being processed even without biometrics. If I am correct your history shows you are waiting for the facial image to submit as you got the biometrics reuse email.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Yes. I was only waiting for an update on facial image but this happened.

Replied to the email immediately after and also attached a cover letter with my immigration details which I have accidentally missed in my application (the same uploaded on UKVCAS). I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope :)

grosvenorave
Newly Registered

Post by grosvenorave » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 am

gk642 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:08 pm
Yes. I was only waiting for an update on facial image but this happened.
This is new information for me. Did you upload your documents on UKVCAS site AND submit those (using the new 'Submit your uploaded documents to UKVI' checkbox), or were they just uploaded and not submitted? And could you help us with the date you made the payment please?

It's because I'm in the same situation, waiting for news about reusing biometrics, and I didn't realise Home Office can review applications without us sending our photo as they mentioned on the email.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Yes. I used the new submit documents button on UKVCAS on 13th July.

My application and Payment was done on March 27th. Made a post here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1915416

grosvenorave
Newly Registered

Post by grosvenorave » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 am

gk642 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:07 pm
Yes. I used the new submit documents button on UKVCAS on 13th July.

My application and Payment was done on March 27th. Made a post here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1915416
Thank you. I was waiting for the photo request email to submit my documents but seeing that they are reviewing applications without a photo, I also submitted my documents today. It seems I can still upload more documents, just can't remove the ones submitted. Thank you again, this was very helpful to know.