ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Uploading documents to UKVCAS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AlexAlexAlex

Financial thresholds for set m

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:51 am

Hi All,

My wife has joined my in UK and been under partner visa for last 4.5 years. During the past extension I have provided evidence of my finance and haven't had any issues with extension.
She will be able to apply to ILR October but I have lost my job because of Covid-19. While I am actively looking for new opportunities what should I do if I can't secure new job before then.
My questions are:
1. Would I be able to apply for her IRL if I haven't managed to find another role? (I don't have enough saving or other income to meet the financial criteria)
2. If I can't apply for her ILR what other options are available to us?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial thresholds for set m

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:08 pm

1. Govt is giving generously grants to all UK businesses to keep employed their workers. So ask your employer if he can accomodate in converting you as a furlough worker where you will get 80% of your salary. If it doesn't work then you will have to find a new job perhaps in some supermarkets who are very desperate in seeking extra workforce due to a sudden surge in their sale.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... s-51976075

2. Flrfp 10 years route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AlexAlexAlex

Re: Financial thresholds for set m

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks for getting back to me seagul. I am actively looking already.
Will also explore your answer to question 2 as a back up plan.

AlexAlexAlex

Steps in applying for ILR

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading the timelines of those applied for ILR, I need to apply for my wife ILR shortly, FLR M based on 5 years. Could you help me understand what are the steps.

My understanding is:
1. Go online and fill the application form and pay the fees
2. Scan and upload the documents to home office site
3. I get asked for biometric registration and need to take my documents with me for farther verification or might get asked to verify my identify using my mobile!
4. Some people seems to book a separate document submission, I am not sure why but they say it speed up the process
5. Keep waiting till I hear back

Could you please help me understand if above steps are correct and what is the different between step 3 and 4?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Steps in applying for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm

You will be informed if you need to attend an appointment or your biometrics can be reused. Follow the process and you will be given instructions
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Thanks for replying, would like to know if I can book appointment myself or do I need to be invited and also if these who attend appointment their application get processed faster

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm
You will be informed if you need to attend an appointment or your biometrics can be reused. Follow the process and you will be given instructions
Biometric reuse is only limited to some Tier 4 applicants since the end of September! :!: :!:

All new applicants must book and attend an in-person appointment!

Refer to: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:46 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm
Thanks for replying, would like to know if I can book appointment myself or do I need to be invited and also if these who attend appointment their application get processed faster
You do not need to wait. You can book the appointment yourself immediately after submitting the application.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks all for getting back to me, do I need anything specific to book appointment after applying such as application number or ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:32 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:56 pm
Thanks all for getting back to me, do I need anything specific to book appointment after applying such as application number or ?
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:14 pm

It might be stupid but if I don't need anything to book, what stops me going ahead and book the appointment prior to submitting the application? I am assuming there is a waiting list for the appointment, so I could book it day after I get eligible for ILR. Has anyone done this before? Or do you recommend me doing this?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:14 pm
It might be stupid but if I don't need anything to book, what stops me going ahead and book the appointment prior to submitting the application? I am assuming there is a waiting list for the appointment, so I could book it day after I get eligible for ILR. Has anyone done this before? Or do you recommend me doing this?
Obviously you can only book an appointment after you pay and submit your application first. You can book an appointment right away AFTER you pay and submit. Normal appointments are running on a 28 days lag, unless there are any cancellations and you are lucky to secure an earlier one otherwise.

Please keep all your FUTURE biometrics related questions in the following thread:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:25 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:14 pm
, what stops me going ahead and book the appointment prior to submitting the application?
You can't book the appointment without any alive application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Just adding one more thing...once you submit your application and pay, on the final page called "Further steps" there will be a link that you will need to click to book an appointment. This will take you to the UKVCAS portal where you will need to register/create an account, after which you will be able to book an appointment through the UKVCAS portal.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Awesome, thanks everyone

AlexAlexAlex

ILR set m documents requirements

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi All,

I have few questions for my wife ILR set M, I appreciate your help:
1. We are renting a 3 bedroom flat (2 adults 1 child), I am planning to upload tenancy agreement and well as council tax letter, do I need to include housing report?
2. We moved in Jan 2020 to this new property, prior to this, we been living in another address for 5 years.
do I need to show 6 correspondence to old address and 6 to new one, addressed to both of us or 6 correspondence covering both addresses is sufficient?
3. What time period should the above correspondents cover? Is it since last visa issuance or 2.5 year?

AlexAlexAlex

Re: ILR set m documents requirements

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi All,

1. We are renting a 3 bedroom flat (2 adults 1 child), I am planning to upload tenancy agreement and well as council tax letter, do I need to include housing report?
2. We moved in Jan 2020 to this new property, prior to this, we been living in another address for 5 years.
do I need to show 6 correspondence to old address and 6 to new one, addressed to both of us or 6 correspondence covering both addresses is sufficient?
3. What time period should the above correspondents cover? Is it since last visa issuance or 2.5 year?
No idea why my previous posts been merged !

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm

AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Hi All,

1. No housing inspect requires.
2. 6 correspondence from the combination of all addresses .i.e old & new instead 6 from each address.
3. Last 2 years from the date of application

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm
AlexAlexAlex wrote:
Hi All,

1. No housing inspect requires.
2. 6 correspondence from the combination of all addresses .i.e old & new instead 6 from each address.
3. Last 2 years from the date of application
Thanks for your help

AlexAlexAlex

Help Uploading documents to UKVCAS

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi All,

I am uploading the documents for my wife ILR set M to UKVCAS, in the checklist I received after finishing the application I have mandatory documents:
1. Current passport
2. Delcleration by partner

Other documents:
1. 6 letters of us living together in last 2.5 years
2. Employer letter
3. Payslips
4. Bank statement
5. Council tax
6. Tenancy agreement
7. Previous passport
8. Biometric card
9. My british passport
10. P60
11. My partner old passports

My question is UKVCAS recommends us to upload the other documents by relevant documents type. They have the following types:
1. Other
2. Residence in UK
3.finance
4. Proof of business
5. Life events
6. medical info
7. Sponsor / employment
8. Proof of identity
9. Educational

I know its really stupid but under what type / types shall I upload the required documents?

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Help Uploading documents to UKVCAS

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 pm

AlexAlexAlex

Re: Help Uploading documents to UKVCAS

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 pm

Awesome, thanks Cullinan, it's funny they don't share this on their website