ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying after April 5th for self employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Can print out date of title deeds be later than date of application?

Post by mikechun8 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am

The land registry website is down so I can't print out my title deeds.

1. Does it matter that the date it is printed, is after the date of application?

2. I do have the title deeds but they were printed out 3 years ago. Can I still use them for the application?

Thanks everyone.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can print out date of title deeds be later than date of application?

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:14 am

mikechun8 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am
The land registry website is down so I can't print out my title deeds.

1. Does it matter that the date it is printed, is after the date of application?

2. I do have the title deeds but they were printed out 3 years ago. Can I still use them for the application?

Thanks everyone.
1. Keep trying to print it before the date of application otherwise print it whenever the website becomes available. If other documents such as council tax will be dated until the date of application then there shouldn't be any issue.

2. Don't use them
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Post by mikechun8 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks Seagul.

Unfortunately, I don't have a council tax bill for the property as I am renting it out. The tenant will receive the council tax.

So it seems I have to explain that the HM Land Registry website is down and hopefully they will approve it. Very worrying.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:47 pm

mikechun8 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks Seagul.

Unfortunately, I don't have a council tax bill for the property as I am renting it out. The tenant will receive the council tax.

So it seems I have to explain that the HM Land Registry website is down and hopefully they will approve it. Very worrying.
Means you actually aren't living there probably just own the property.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Post by mikechun8 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:48 pm

Yes. Sorry I should be more clear.

I am using the title deed to prove that I own the property and the rent is going to my account. This is part of my income proof.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:56 am

Do you receive a mortgage statement for the property?

You can use that instead.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Post by mikechun8 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Thanks Korekt. No, I've inherited the property. It doesn't have a mortgage.

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Post by mikechun8 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:41 pm

It seems that because the HM Land Registry is down, I can't print out the title deeds in time therefore I can't submit my application.

Today is the end of the financial year 2018-2019. So if I submit my application a week later but it means I have to have an accountant do my financials for April 19-2020. It's going to be a fun week.

This visa process and these policies are absolute madness.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:04 pm

mikechun8 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:41 pm
It seems that because the HM Land Registry is down, I can't print out the title deeds in time therefore I can't submit my application.
Then the only way will be to fill the form and apply by post.

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Applying after April 5th for self employed

Post by mikechun8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 pm

The HM Land Registry website is finally working again and I can finally print out my title deeds.

As it is April 7th today, can I still use my uk tax returns from 2018 - 2019 to apply for my spouse visa extension?

Or do I need to get an accountant and do my returns for the recent 2019 - 2020?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying after April 5th for self employed

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 pm

Topics Merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm

mikechun8 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 pm
The HM Land Registry website is finally working again and I can finally print out my title deeds.

As it is April 7th today, can I still use my uk tax returns from 2018 - 2019 to apply for my spouse visa extension?

Or do I need to get an accountant and do my returns for the recent 2019 - 2020?

Thanks!
You can even apply under category G where the average income from the last 2 years can be taken. I guess you are also intended to combine rental income (as per previous post), if so then it must fall with in the same financial years and the property must be owned at the date of application.

mikechun8
Newly Registered

Post by mikechun8 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:13 am

Thanks for the reply Seagul. I only need one year's tax returns for my self-employment together with the rental income.

I'm just quite mad that I need to do the tax returns for 19 -2020 right away for being 3 days late because of the HM Land Registry website being down!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am

mikechun8 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:13 am
Thanks for the reply Seagul. I only need one year's tax returns for my self-employment together with the rental income.

I'm just quite mad that I need to do the tax returns for 19 -2020 right away for being 3 days late because of the HM Land Registry website being down!
Of course you can apply under category F instead on the basis of last full financial year if you think of have earned sufficiently. Self employment usually require an extended range of documents as listed in official guidance Appendix fm 1.7.
For rental income usually few documents are needed such as title deeds, 12 months of bank statements and rental agreement/contract.