ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by amituk » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:41 pm

AshJK wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:30 pm
Hello,

I have filed for pre-settled status using the online EU settlement application process as the spouse of an EU national, without a previously issued BRC. Application and biometrics done on 30 Mar. I have seen the generic UK VI processing time claim of 5 to 9 days, but this is not meaningful as they have no actual data at the current date for such first time BRC cases. I was wondering if any such first time BRC applicants using the new system could share their understanding and experience of real processing times for the CoA being issued as well as the final decision.

To avoid clutter on this thread, please note that I am only looking for information on processing times for first time non-EU family member BRC applicants using the new online EU settlement application website. Usually spouses who work in the UK on BRPs, or are here on student visas, or other limited leave to remain visas are the ones who would have filed for this specific pre settled or settled status BRC visa type, which requires a biometric appointment.

Best Regards,
Ashim
Hello ashim
I am now in same boat when you were in that boat ,I also married with EU citizen and I applied for pre settlement scheme and I have to go for brp appointment, so I want to know your experience, now one year is over of your post, so please reply me.
Amit

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:48 pm

nzldnz wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:26 am
Hi all,

I am a non-EU spouse of an EU national. I've applied to the EU Settlement Scheme for the first time without a BRC or a Family Permit vignette sticker on my passport.

I’ve applied online on 30 March, right after my husband applied and linked my application to his with the application number he had. Being an EU citizen he received the COA and ILR (Settled Status) within the same day. However I needed attend to my biometrics appointment on 30 March.

Since then I’ve been waiting for the COA as I need to provide it for a job offer I received. But nada! I’m calling the Resolution Centre in every two days but all they say is to wait for few more days.

So anyone has any idea at least approximately how long these procedures can take? I understand with non EU citizens things are slightly slower for all?

Regards,
Hello sir
I am now in same boat when you were in that boat ,I also married with EU citizen and I applied for pre settlement scheme and I have to go for brp appointment, so I want to know your experience, now one year is over of your post, so please reply me.
Amit

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Is the Home Office open at all & processing applications during the outbreak?
My timeline so far
Application - 16 Jan 2020
Biometrics - 20 Jan 2020
CoA - 5 March 2020

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Sir
Did you receive your coa by email or post, if post then when did you receive it your address and on the base of this coa, are you eligible for work now without decision and biometric?
What did they ask you at appointment for biometric and what documents did they ask.
Have you got your decision and biometric now.
Please clear my all queries, I will be so thankful for you sir

Mando
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mando » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:02 pm
Makicaaa wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm
Yes, I have seen it. But the problem is that my application was delayed even before coronavirus, and now they are officially announcing delays, so it seems safe to assume that they will not be processing applications...because how safe it is to access these databases from your home....HO will never allow it.

Lol. What if they do? You can do FOI to find out. I think what they might do is have some in the office to access data base, and some at home.
OptimisticNow did you received your COA or you still waiting?

shay007

Post by shay007 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 am

Anyone who did their biometric in March still waiting for their COA? I have been waiting since early March but nothing received yet.

shay007

Post by shay007 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:27 am

@ndldnz you claim that you have calling the EU resolution centre but they have been closed for weeks now so what number have you been calling if I may I ask?

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 am

Mando wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 pm
OptimisticNow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:02 pm
Makicaaa wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm
Yes, I have seen it. But the problem is that my application was delayed even before coronavirus, and now they are officially announcing delays, so it seems safe to assume that they will not be processing applications...because how safe it is to access these databases from your home....HO will never allow it.

Lol. What if they do? You can do FOI to find out. I think what they might do is have some in the office to access data base, and some at home.
OptimisticNow did you received your COA or you still waiting?

Not received COA yet. Still waiting.

I have called them twice before the lockdown.

First feedback: he told me everything looks fine, and will receive COA soon

2nd feedback: She told me it looks like a caseworker hasn’t be assigned to look at it yet, that once the caseworker see it, then he/she will check for validity. If valid, then COA issued before decision.

You can see that they are both two slightly different responses.

Kamote0926
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Kamote0926 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Hello mate sorry for my late reply
Heres my asnwer to your questions:

-Did you submit proof of 5 years of residence to support your application as your wife did or was it only your wife that submitted proof of her 5 years residenceand did that cover for both of you?

*Only my wife requires to submit documents to cover the 5 yrs of residency as my application has been linked to her. apparently few months after she applied, she recieved an email requiring her to submit additional documents as the HMRC coundnt find more information to cover her 5 yrs of residency as there was a 2 yrs gap. So she was required to upload evidence of her 2 yrs proof to complete the 5 yrs. So basicaly i did not submit anything, if your application linked to your sponsor, your sponsor will do the rest of the requirements. All you have to do is be patience while waiting for your result.

-Secondly, were you issued the COA and finally settled status the same day.

* I recieved my COA 3 months after I applied. Settled status granted 5 months after they issued my COA, over all waiting time was 8 months. And by the way, your sponsor shoud get the result First before you. So if your sponsor hasnt recieved any after 5 months, as per the eu res adviced, your sponsor should call the eu resolution and escalate the case in which my wife did not do.

I hope i answered your question. Please let me know or if anyone here with the same situation as mine. So i can share my experience that might help you aswell. Godbless u all.

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:47 pm

When did you get your brp card after your decision made?

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:40 am

amituk wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:31 pm
Sir
Did you receive your coa by email or post, if post then when did you receive it your address and on the base of this coa, are you eligible for work now without decision and biometric?
What did they ask you at appointment for biometric and what documents did they ask.
Please this depends on what you are applying from. Is it from FP? From tier 2, tier 4 etc. Confirm your area please?

Ngo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cameroon

Post by Ngo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:42 am

shay007 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 am
Anyone who did their biometric in March still waiting for their COA? I have been waiting since early March but nothing received yet.
Shay007 what do you mean? When have you done your biometrics? Was it in February or after March, 9th?

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Ngo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:40 am
amituk wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:31 pm
Sir
Please this depends on what you are applying from. Is it from FP? From tier 2, tier 4 etc. Confirm your area please?
It's from family permit.
I have already fp, and I have applied for eea settlement, so I am asking about it

shay007

Post by shay007 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Ngo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:42 am
shay007 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 am
Shay007 what do you mean? When have you done your biometrics? Was it in February or after March, 9th?
Did my biometric 2nd week in March but haven’t received COA yet. I have read on here ppl are going through the same thing

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:32 am

Well, here we are, 16 weeks since my biometrics. I've had to upload yet MORE information on 4 March. I emailed again on 5 April to chase up. Yes I realise there has been a significant delay with Coronavirus, however this is really starting to get ridiculous. They sent back their generic email reply on 8 April saying it is "actively under consideration" however with all the evidence I've submitted I can't see why they can't make a decision.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Having to upload more and more documentation?
DanielD1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Finally heard back today asking for more information :roll:

They apparently needed more residence information for my EU partner, although all the info was available on the JOINT bank account statements I submitted in my application way back in November. So I outdid myself and uploaded probably 15 statements for our joint account from the previous 5.5 years. I'm sure I can count on another 9 weeks before they get around to reviewing these documents....
Thats not good. What other documents did you uploaded ? Upon previous calls did they asked for these documents?
Did you apply for settled or pre- settled??
I applied for settled status and can't even remember what I uploaded before. But I had clearly reached the 10 document limit on the first application or I would have added more had I known you can.

SIDE NOTE: if you need to upload additional documents after you submit, YOU CAN. They don't make this very clear, but it is possible.

TIMELINE:
2009 Arrived in UK, granted a 5-year non-biometric Res Card as the spouse of an EU citizen (Irish, so he doesn't need to apply)
2014 Applied for a second 5-year non-biometric res card as I was out of the country for a year
21 November 2019 applied for settled status as the spouse of an EU citizen.
25 November 2019 - biometrics
10 December 2019 - Certificate of Application
13 January 2020 - emailed Home Office to chase up my application and received generic response
28 January 2020 - received email from Home Office asking for further documentation of my partner's residence (despite uploading JOINT bank account statements for the period covered).
Uploaded about 12 documents confirming my partner's residence and identity yesterday so now to wait again.

Kalanyos niazi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Kalanyos niazi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 am

Hey guys Is there anyone that have done biometric in march and have recieved anything from home office
And I was just wondering are they still working after 25 march or no
My timeline
Biometric done 11/03/2020
Nothing recieved yet

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:06 am

Kalanyos niazi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 am
Hey guys Is there anyone that have done biometric in march and have recieved anything from home office
My timeline
Nothing recieved yet
What documents, they asked in biometric and how did you complete it ,how process there ?
My biometric was on 20th April but due to corona pandemic, they rescheduled it on 1st June

shay007

Post by shay007 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:50 am

Kalanyos niazi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 am
My timeline
Nothing recieved yet
I’m in the same boat....still waiting for COA

Oladigs
Newly Registered

Post by Oladigs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Kamote0926,

Thanks for the well explained response. It was tremendously helpful. And I’m glad you’re willing to help further. My other questions are:

1. Before you applied for settled status(just to be sure,it’s not pre settled you got), what was your status(legal or illegal) in the UK and if yes, what type?

2. How did the HO confirm your 5 yrs of residence in the UK? Or was it the case that your wife’s 5 years proof of residency was been automatically transferred to you as you stated earlier since you applied at the same time and linked your application to hers and if yes, was your name on any other documents she had used as proof of residency and for how many month or years was your name on these joint proof of residency if at all there was any ?

3. What’s the status info on the settled status BC issued to you and most importantly how long is the validity on it for?

Thanks for your unrelenting help and looking forward to your reply.

murmurka
Newly Registered

Post by murmurka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:53 am

Hi All,

What’s their email address to email them re the application status?

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm

asadaqeel wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:30 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm
Adnane2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:37 am
Hi folks,

my case has been on hold since June !! it's for settlement, has anybody been waiting so long ?
I’ve been waiting since July.Let’s pray and hope our long wait will come out with positive outcome.
I applied on the 4th.Did my biometric on the 9th and got my COA on the 19th.I’ve been waiting for it since.I called them several times sent them email twice.Still heard nothing From them.I applied based on retained right.

Hi Nasara,
Please can you advise on your time line and case ?
I am waiting from 20 June.

Thanks

Kalanyos niazi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Kalanyos niazi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi amituk
Hopefully you get another way to get your pre settled status
By the way you asked me what documents they asked?
Ans: they only asked my passport with visa to verify my I'd and took finger prints (biometric) that's it

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 am

Guys relax . Home Office is not giving priority to Eu Settlement right now. UK is in crisis. Caseworker are human too . They are not machine. Not everybody can work from home as it is sensitive issue so they need to be in the office to use secure Home office IT terminal . So there will be delay ... we don't know for how long ..
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

amituk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amituk » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:22 am

Kalanyos niazi wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm
Hi amituk
Hopefully you get another way to get your pre settled status
By the way you asked me what documents they asked?
Ans: they only asked my passport with visa to verify my I'd and took finger prints (biometric) that's it
Thanks allot for your response, I dont want to get another way because I have already way
Sir, I would like to ask you that when did you receive your coa and based of coa,you were to find a job ?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:18 pm

eke123 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm
docado wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 am
Hi
eke123 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 am
docado wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 am
Hi Oniopapa,
Why did it take that long to process you status? Would you mind to share your background prior to applying in EU Settlement Scheme. Thanks
Sup Docado
Have you heard anything yet from HO?
Still haven't heard from them
2 months gone already
Hi Eke123,
I am still waiting. Called three times and same answers. It seems there is slow processing because of disruption although public offices working like normal. This can also be done from home. Did you contact them again?
I've contacted them today and they said they'll be in touch with me soon. I should keep my eyes on my emails
The thing is when I did my biometrics I didn't have my passport cos its with HO, but this morning at 9:20 they've received my passport from another HO department that is with it and that's why it's taken this long but they'll be in touch soon I should keep my eyes on my email.
Hopefully they'll be in touch soon and I'll surely keep you posted.
All the best
Hey guys I got my CoA this afternoon 16/04/2020
Remember I applied online on 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
Contacted HO through my MP before the lock down
This means HO is attending to some cases.
Let's keep hoping for good.
I'll surely update you guys if anything else happens.
All the best to everyone
Please stay safe.