ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waelayoub

British Passport delay

Post by waelayoub » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:05 pm

Dear all,

i applied for my first British Passport on 18/01/2020 and until this moment, my application is still being processed. i appreciate that this may take up to 6 weeks but the issue is that I was contacted by HMPO on 03/02 informing me that the place of birth is missing on my certificate of naturalisation (please note that in my case, the place and country of birth are the same), they sent the Home office an enquiry about it so they can get a confirmation and proceed with my application. The examiner also informed me that all checks have been done and they only waiting for that confirmation.

I contacted the Home office many times and all responses back to me were "We haven't received anything or been contacted by the HMPO!!!

This has been going for 3 weeks and i'm really frustrated, can you please advise me what to do in this case?

waelayoub

Re: British Passport delay

Post by waelayoub » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Any advice on this is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:25 pm

such a delay is expected when there's a need to make corrections to the certificate.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

mteja

Post by mteja » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am

Did you receive your passport? If yes, how long did it take ?ie weeks?
togetherness as one

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:59 am

mteja wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am
Did you receive your passport? If yes, how long did it take ?ie weeks?
Clearly the OP has not as this topic/post query was only posted TWO days ago!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mteja

Post by mteja » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:10 am

Missed the dates, sorry!!!
togetherness as one

waelayoub

Post by waelayoub » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi

Not yet, i received a call on Friday from HMPO informing me that the home office gave the green light to proceed with my application but they asked me to submit my Birth certificate by email which i did on Saturday, i still haven't heard back from them.

Sdhawan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sdhawan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi- I got my naturalisation on 4th, took the ceremony on 6th and applied for passport the same day. Received a message that the documents have been received on 10th and since then it just says application is under processing. I have been following the passport timelines on a regular basis and seems like everyone usually receives it within 2-3 weeks and the people who applied on 9th and 10th have also received their passport. Could anyone please advise if it does take this much time? Or there could be some reason why mine is stuck? I know they say 6 weeks, but from the timelines it looks like mostly everyone receives their first adult passport within 17-18 days. Please let me know if anyone else faced a similar issue. If yes, then how much time did it take? Thanks.

jewelbritain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jewelbritain » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:00 am

I applied on 6th of March still no news as well. Application being processed from 10th of March. Called them several times (4) till today. Different advisor different information. Level 2 security check, still no on the table of examiner. Processing half way and so on. Don’t know which one is true! Nothing to do except wait.

Sdhawan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sdhawan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am

jewelbritain wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:00 am
I applied on 6th of March still no news as well. Application being processed from 10th of March. Called them several times (4) till today. Different advisor different information. Level 2 security check, still no on the table of examiner. Processing half way and so on. Don’t know which one is true! Nothing to do except wait.
They are the saying the same thing to me as well. Called them 3 times already and all they say is that your case hasn't been assigned to an examiner yet. It takes 6 weeks, you will be called for an interview and all that, but not sure when and how the case would be assigned and how we got to wait. Please let me know if you hear any updates on your submission. Thanks. All the best

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:25 pm

I applied on March 9 (documents received by them on March 11) - Liverpool PO.
The website says "processing", but I wonder whether they stopped.
If they work from home, I do not see how they can do passports..
I do not really need a UK passport now, but they asked for ALL my other passports. And I am not comfortable being without documents, when situation can change in various number of ways at any moment (including me needing to travel to a country of my citizenship for essential reasons)..
Twitter tracker has last update on March 17..

jewelbritain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jewelbritain » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Sdhawan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am
jewelbritain wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:00 am
They are the saying the same thing to me as well. Called them 3 times already and all they say is that your case hasn't been assigned to an examiner yet. It takes 6 weeks, you will be called for an interview and all that, but not sure when and how the case would be assigned and how we got to wait. Please let me know if you hear any updates on your submission. Thanks. All the best
Most of them at home. They are not working at all. They just enjoying there long holidays and customer service advisor given us wrong information. Simple, office is closed specially Liverpool HMPO. Even they don’t know now a days most of them do not need an interview!

Sdhawan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sdhawan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi - does anyone know if the HMPO Liverpool is open or has been closed due to Covid-19?
Has anyone received their approval between 22 March - 28 March? Not sure what's the delay.
It's been 24 days and I still haven't received an approval and the scary part is that they have my previous passport too, hence I can't even fly if the International borders are reopened.
Are they working from home or can they work from home, not sure? I called them on Friday and they said they are still open. Thanks.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:49 am

Working at the HMPO does not make people immune to Covid-19. This pandemic is affecting everyone alike. Therefore, those waiting for approvals should exercise patience. Things will be delayed. As far as I know, the Passport office is not an essential service, especially when most countries have travel bans in place. It is therefore possible that the HMPO is closed and if they are not closed, they will need to reduce the number of people working per time in order to observe the social distancing while still working. Again, things will be delayed. be patient.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:50 am

Ye-a.. They now ask people not to apply for passports unless their travel is essential (like bereavement or important business), and those applications are handled in a special way.
It would not be a big deal to wait, except that UK is, it seems, the only country in the world which asks applicants for UK passports to submit originals of their passports from other countries. And this creates anxiety in people who know all too well about how difficult it might be to replace a passport in another country, and how often different HM offices loose documents..
Not to say, that those passports might be needed not only for travel. For example, they might be needed to apply for unemployment benefits, or for a new job if one was let go..

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm

My mon has also had to send her passports together with the naturalisation certificate in March, and we are wondering if they will send the passports together with the British Passport, or will they send it separately?? What should we do in case we need the passports back? Does anyone has a number to contact? Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:32 pm

claraluh wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm
My mon has also had to send her passports together with the naturalisation certificate in March, and we are wondering if they will send the passports together with the British Passport, or will they send it separately?? What should we do in case we need the passports back? Does anyone has a number to contact? Thanks.
Processing time shouldn't be more than a few weeks, under normal circumstances.
Documents are normally returned separately from the new passport.
HMPO Contact details at the bottom of the page:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ort-office
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

farzad1313
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by farzad1313 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Hey All

Need to go back to the country of origin, British Passport applications says processing since March 20th.

Anyone knows if everyone has to interview, they told me they are waiting for check from UKVI?

Also, any one knows what happens if I request my original documents back?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:19 am

farzad1313 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 pm
Hey All

Need to go back to the country of origin, British Passport applications says processing since March 20th.

Anyone knows if everyone has to interview, they told me they are waiting for check from UKVI?

Also, any one knows what happens if I request my original documents back?
Have you attended your ceremony yet? Your previous post only states you received approval on 6th march but nothing about attending the ceremony.

Interviews for passports are rare these days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kabdelrazek
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by kabdelrazek » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:46 am

Passport Office staff told to go back to work

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219930