ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very confusing situation with spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brekh

A2 English test falls after visa extension due data

Post by brekh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:32 pm

Dear Forum members,
I have confusion regarding the A2 English Test , actually my spouse visa due extension date is 8th of May but could only manage to book the SELT A2 test on 14th of May, Due to the on going situation thats the only date I could secure at the moment. I am worried if that would have any negative effect on my extension. Please advise my on this issue. Will be waiting on the response.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: A2 English test falls after visa extension due data

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am

Follow the following official guideline in choosing your test but if possible then try your best to not book the test on Trinity centres for which the immigration authorities shown their intention earlier to invalidate their tests for future applications. The following list of centres has been provisionally formulated which will more likely be changed once the life will go back to normal.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brekh

Post by brekh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Thank u for your reply seagul,
The one that I have booked the test is called "HOME OFFICE TESTS" located in belfast. The list that u have provided doesn't show this one but the address is the same as Trinity college london (Belfast). I am not sure is this is the approved one??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm

That list is changing very frequently from the last few weeks probably due to CVD19 pandemic which forced many centres to shut down. Alternatively, if she has a none-UK degree then may consider to get it assessed through NARIC who might be operating remotely.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brekh

Post by brekh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Thank u so much , unfortunately she has got only FSc certificate from Govt college in Pakistan. No degree or any other certificate. The other issue is her passport is also expiring on 19th May. Although I have online passport renewal online but that seems to be ;late as well due to Covid-19. So confused what to do

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Then just follow the latest list because your A2 test would help you only for this extension anyway.

brekh

Post by brekh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Thank u so much Seagul

brekh

Very confusing situation with spouse visa extension

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:50 pm

I had post a question few days ago regarding my wife spouse visa extension and SELT A2 Test. Some how I manage to book her a test in Belfast on 14th of May. Her Visa expires on 8th of May. Now the issue is they won't except any form of Id but passport or BRP. I have explained the situation to the test center but they refuse to let her sit the test if she fail to provide passport or BRP. How can she provide Passport and BRP when she has to send it along with the Application form. This is extenuating circumstances for us as well, we tried our best to book the test before 8th of May but that was the earliest date available at the moment.

Please give your advise what should we do in this situation.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Very confusing situation with spouse visa extension

Post by Korekt » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm

brekh wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:50 pm
I had post a question few days ago regarding my wife spouse visa extension and SELT A2 Test.
You could have posted this there as well.
How can she provide Passport and BRP when she has to send it along with the Application form.
Send it along where? In most cases physical documents are no longer submitted with applications.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:45 am

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:47 am

Super powers! :)
Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:58 am

How can she provide Passport and BRP when she has to send it along with the Application form.
You don't seem to understand the process. She applies online for an extension before her visa expires. Nothing is sent to HO in the post anymore. Everything is uploaded online on the ukcvas portal before the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brekh

Post by brekh » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Thank u so much CR001, Seagul and Korekt for your help.

much much appreciated.

Thanks

brekh

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am

Hello every boy,
Thank you for all of you being so much co-operative. I have to bother you with yet another query (Apologies for that) . Actually I will be completing Si months on my job at en of the May. Will get my 6th payslip on 25th of May. Is it possible to upload the 5 payslips and sen the 6th one after war?? what would be the best course of action in this situation????

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:06 am

brekh wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am
Hello every boy,
Not everyone here is a "boy" :)
Thank you for all of you being so much co-operative. I have to bother you with yet another query (Apologies for that) . Actually I will be completing Si months on my job at en of the May. Will get my 6th payslip on 25th of May. Is it possible to upload the 5 payslips and sen the 6th one after war?? what would be the best course of action in this situation????
On what date are you planning to apply?

brekh

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Sorry Korekt, Actually I wanted to write "Body" but some how d omitted due to my key board issue. My wife's visa is expiring on 8th of May.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:45 pm

brekh wrote:
Hello every boy,
Officially it isn't acceptable but if you have no option as otherwise your visa will expire then no harm in trying this risky manoeuvre which might work out during this lockdown.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm

brekh wrote:
Hello every boy,
I am of the view that, it is too risky to apply with 5 months payslips as you would have been less than 6 months with current employer so it is better to fulfil the conditions of CAT B at the date of the application and not to assume that HO will allow exceptional circumstances due to this pandemic.

If your partner also works then it will make sense if you can add their income to yours in order to meet the financial requirement or if you have earned £18,600 in the last 12 months.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

brekh

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Thanks for your reply,
Actually I can't apply in CAT B cos I was jobless for some time and was claiming benefits for 4 months as soon as I got the job I stopped claiming at the next day. Before those 4 months I had some savings that I had used up for maintaining the expenses of my self and my family. Only claimed the benefits when I was very desperate, then got the job in I.T. I was thinking would it work if I submit application on 8th of May, I think getting biometric registered get some time, what if I utilize that time to get arranged my 6th payslip and then send that by post (Or can I upload it later on???) It might not really work but at the moment I don't have any other choice. Your help in this case would be highly appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:54 pm

brekh wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:38 pm
I was thinking would it work if I submit application on 8th of May, I think getting biometric registered get some time, what if I utilize that time to get arranged my 6th payslip and then send that by post (Or can I upload it later on???) It might not really work but at the moment I don't have any other choice. Your help in this case would be highly appreciated.
Since you have no choice therefore do what you have been previously advised which in normal circumstances isn't officially allowed (same as said earlier). All the ukvcas centres are closed and maybe when they will opens up then by that time you might already have completed 6 months. Performing that risky manoeuvre is far better than overstaying because in worst case scenario they might offer flrfp instead.

brekh

Post by brekh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Seagul, Thank u so much U r a Star.

Much much Appreciated.