ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Over 18 Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jude12
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR for Over 18 Dependents

Post by jude12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi, Hope everyone is keeping safe. I am 24 years old and came to to the UK when I was 17 together with my then 16 year sister and my mother, on my mother's settlement/spouse visa on the 5 year route - to join my father who has acquired UK citizenship earlier.
We have since extended the FLR once to overcome some absences.
I now have a clear more than 5 years of continuous stay in the UK and want to apply for ILR.
I am a student in UK (and so is my sister) and my father is still supporting our education and we stay stay together with my mother. My father's income complies with the ILR requirement.
My question is which form do I use to apply for ILR ? SET M or SET O.
I understand both my sister and mother have to apply separately for ILR like me.
Much appreciated for an reply.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for Over 18 Dependents

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:38 pm

jude12 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm
Hi, Hope everyone is keeping safe. I am 24 years old and came to to the UK when I was 17 together with my then 16 year sister and my mother, on my mother's settlement/spouse visa on the 5 year route - to join my father who has acquired UK citizenship earlier.
I now have a clear more than 5 years of continuous stay in the UK and want to apply for ILR.
I am a student in UK (and so is my sister) and my father is still supporting our education and we stay stay together with my mother. My father's income complies with the ILR requirement.
I understand both my sister and mother have to apply separately for ILR like me.
You should use form SET(F) SET(M)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:38 pm
jude12 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm
You should use form SET(F)
Why SET F?? Op should apply in set m when mother and sister apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jude12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jude12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:26 pm

ILR Set F seems to be for children under 18 and there is a mention in the guidance notes that other dependent relatives aged over 18 can apply using Set F. However the dependent relative i.e. me, must also need long-term personal care to perform daily tasks. Not applicable in my case.

ILR Set M is for those applying as a spouse or civil partner (no mention of son) of a person present and settled in the UK based on the guidance notes. Maybe this is the Form I should use.

Then there is SET O to add to the confusion, that I can apply for ILR if I am applying as a dependant of work permit holder, which I am not, but then says for “other purposes not covered by other application forms” - which might be answer.

I am puzzled and thoroughly confused, Set F, M or O?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Set O is NOT relevant to you. The "other" category is for those on discretionary leave to remain for 6 years.

Set M is for ALL those on flr m spouse or child visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:33 pm

jude12 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:26 pm
ILR Set F seems to be for children under 18 and there is a mention in the guidance notes that other dependent relatives aged over 18 can apply using Set F. However the dependent relative i.e. me, must also need long-term personal care to perform daily tasks. Not applicable in my case.

ILR Set M is for those applying as a spouse or civil partner (no mention of son) of a person present and settled in the UK based on the guidance notes. Maybe this is the Form I should use.

Then there is SET O to add to the confusion, that I can apply for ILR if I am applying as a dependant of work permit holder, which I am not, but then says for “other purposes not covered by other application forms” - which might be answer.

I am puzzled and thoroughly confused, Set F, M or O?
Sorry for creating confusion as I misread your post. SET(M) is correct as you guys are all applying under family route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jude12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jude12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 am

Cheers - thanks a lot. I get the picture now.

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 am

Yes SET M. Your mother applies with you and your sisters as dependents. I just did it with my children who were under 18 when the first application under the family route was made 5 years ago. Some of the questions it asks you as a dependent are a bit odd (like what’s your relation to your partner...But I just typed a comment in the box that it doesn’t make sense).

Be aware that you ALL have to have passed the life in the UK test and all have to meet the English language requirement ie B1.