ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Spouse Visa vignette entry date to expire

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cyberstud23

Received Spouse Visa vignette entry date to expire

Post by cyberstud23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:43 pm

My wife received her first 2 1/2 year spouse visa with passport having a vignette visa validity until 10 April 2020 and has a letter from Home Office that says application successful and enter UK and collect BRP valid until Dec 2022. Due to lockdown in India , Delhi she cannot travel to the UK and her flight ticket got cancelled by the airline.
I sent email to the CIH home office and waiting for a reply.
Does she get an automatic extension until 31st May 2020 to enter the UK as her vignette visa is only valid till 10 April 2020 due to COVID-19 ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Received Spouse Visa vignette entry date to expire

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:42 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Does she get an automatic extension until 31st May 2020 to enter the UK as her vignette visa is only valid till 10 April 2020 due to COVID-19 ?
No as there hasn't yet any policy announced for those affected applicants who are trapped outside the UK. But it is highly likely they will get similar extension. Keep an eye on following ukvi news:

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... mmigration
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishupandey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am

I am in the same situation. Following this post.
Do post if any one get any information over the same.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Same situation. Email your local mp. They are supportive

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 am

I have sent emails to CIH@homeofffice.gov.uk and tried calling on paid and other numbers and also paid email service.

I only got one response from CIH of of two replied later. When asked if vignette validity will be automatically extension for outside UK.

The reply I got was like post office will accept late and delayed collection of BRP.

When I checked the forums on numberous sources some say that some travelers from african continent have arrived UK on expired vignette and there is no check at the immigration.

I don't know if those countries have an agreement with the UK, some individuals doing it by themselves knowingly or unknowingly and how serious entry issue is it, are the comments posted have any truth.

But specific emails on o
outside UK vignette to expire having 2 1/2 year visa letter . Is there auto extension or will there be auto extension like inside UK upto 31 May 2020 emails have not been replied even after 5 days period.

I have asked for some immigration advisors and they say things moving fast and they don't know what happens next but there is a possibility if people group and ask the CIH then there could be an update quicker. From their understanding there is 30 vignette extension application required but the chances of it being waived is likely.
I don't know what it means by waived off. Do one go through the vignette extension process or just make use of old vignette to enter the UK.

So I consider for now there is 30vignette extension form to be filled but with visa centers closed and border issues dont know how slow will the process be and what happens if there is closure of border at any side again.

[ Side note . I don't see total isolation lockdown followed by democratic countries and with that much of complete fix to the covid-19 issue with or without travel restrictions. ]

Professionhuman

Post by Professionhuman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 am

Link or form to filled to extend 30days Vignette period plz

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Professionhuman wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 am
Link or form to filled to extend 30days Vignette period plz
I dont think there is a 'link' as I have tried searching
The only other way I can think of is going via the VFS website and applying via there, but their offices are currently closed!

Unless someone can advise?

Regarding arriving on an expired vingette, this sounds risky!
I have tried emailing CIH about this, but they havent replied!! Losing hope now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:33 pm

You do NOT apply at teh VFS offices. You have to apply online with UKVI and pay the fee and then follow the process.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Layer/30-day-vignette
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ankitach
Newly Registered
India

Post by ankitach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 am

cyberstud23 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 am
I have sent emails to CIH@homeofffice.gov.uk and tried calling on paid and other numbers and also paid email service.

I only got one response from CIH of of two replied later. When asked if vignette validity will be automatically extension for outside UK.

The reply I got was like post office will accept late and delayed collection of BRP.

When I checked the forums on numberous sources some say that some travelers from african continent have arrived UK on expired vignette and there is no check at the immigration.

I don't know if those countries have an agreement with the UK, some individuals doing it by themselves knowingly or unknowingly and how serious entry issue is it, are the comments posted have any truth.

But specific emails on o
outside UK vignette to expire having 2 1/2 year visa letter . Is there auto extension or will there be auto extension like inside UK upto 31 May 2020 emails have not been replied even after 5 days period.

I have asked for some immigration advisors and they say things moving fast and they don't know what happens next but there is a possibility if people group and ask the CIH then there could be an update quicker. From their understanding there is 30 vignette extension application required but the chances of it being waived is likely.
I don't know what it means by waived off. Do one go through the vignette extension process or just make use of old vignette to enter the UK.

So I consider for now there is 30vignette extension form to be filled but with visa centers closed and border issues dont know how slow will the process be and what happens if there is closure of border at any side again.

[ Side note . I don't see total isolation lockdown followed by democratic countries and with that much of complete fix to the covid-19 issue with or without travel restrictions. ]
My husband and I are in a similar situation. Our vignette expires on April 24th. All UK VAC's in India are currently closed and not sure when they will reopen. I have also written to the immigration helpline but to no avail. Does the response from the CIH imply that we can fly into the UK after expiry of the vignette without any border control issue? Without any formal letter extending the validity of entry clearance, there will be issues with immigration at the port of origin and also with airlines.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:14 am

Most likely you will need a transfer of conditions for viaa vignette

Since offices are closed best to wait until they reopen. Check ukvi website. Also email your local mp for support

aimraheel90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aimraheel90 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:47 pm

I am going through the same situation as well.
My vignette expired on 10th April & waiting for VFS in UAE to reopen as soon as possible so I apply for vignette extension to be on the safe side. I have a 2 year old daughter as well who is a british citizen but till yet haven't been able to travel because of the international rule been applied that my daughter can't travel without her father or without the consent of her father anywhere . Consent letter can't be approved due to the offices being shut in UK & visa on arrival for britishers has been temporarily banned in UAE so my husband can't take us either ..
Fingers crossed & just hoping for things to settle down soon , inshaALLAH

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 pm

I had emailed MP and CIH. Got a reply from CIH after a month. They can provide a visa waiver if I provide a valid reason reason. I had already given all the reason like covid, shutdown, vignette expiry, vacs closed.

Anyways Now what does visa waiver mean ? Is this a short term evisa to enter the UK and I have to pay again for UK spouse visa if I let my spouse come through visa waiver route ?

I have options (1) Visa Waiver (2) Vignette transfer
CIH has not sent any email yet to get 90 day until Dec 2020 visa.
Poor service by them , understand it's covid 19 ...
I paid for priority and stuck in the process for months.

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:35 pm

I had emailed MP and CIH. Got a reply from CIH after a month. They can provide a visa waiver if I provide a valid reason reason. I had already given all the reason like covid, shutdown, vignette expiry, vacs closed.

Anyways Now what does visa waiver mean ? Is this a short term evisa to enter the UK and I have to pay again for UK spouse visa if I let my spouse come through visa waiver route ?

I have options (1) Visa Waiver (2) Vignette transfer
CIH has not sent any email yet to get 90 day until Dec 2020 visa.
Poor service by them , understand it's covid 19 ...
I paid for priority and stuck in the process for months.