ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status of EEA nationals after Brexit - Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ThomasNa
Newly Registered

Settled status of EEA nationals after Brexit - Job creation

Post by ThomasNa » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this topic is posted to the wrong forum.

I am a littlbe bit concerned about the job creation to apply for ILR under visa tier 1 ent 5 years route.

I am employing some EEA nationals, not sure if they can now still be counted as settled worker? On the guidenance it says yes, but the latest version was updated in early 2019.

To my understanding, after Brexit, EEA nationals do need a working permit, and they need to apply for a settled status.

Manh thanks for all the support.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Settled status of EEA nationals after Brexit - Job creation

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Brexit has already happened but the free movement rules are still in place until the end of the year :!:
EEA nationals have always been considered settled as per immigration rules. My advice is to encourage them to get a pre-settled or settled status under the EU settlement scheme if they do not have PR. In my opinion if the free movement ends at the end of the year, there rules will be amended and EEA citizens who are hired afterwards will not be viewed settled anymore.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier1-ent-il ... l#p1886144
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice