ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by t2momodu » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi all,

As we are all waiting for the UKVCAS centre to be re-opened, I sent an email to the CIH and this was the response I got today.

My original email:
"I submitted my settlement application (indefinite leave to remain) online on 23rd March 2020 and booked my biometric appointment for 08.00am on 30/03/2020 at the Croydon Service support Centre, I have been advised by UKVCAS that their services have been suspended as a result of travel restrictions due to Covid-19 (corona virus) and I can confirm that I have now been automatically rescheduled an appointment for 11th May 2020 at 08.00am.

As I have applied well within my qualifying period, I hope this would not negatively affect my application for settlement as I have paid in full the amount required for both the application and the biometric appointment.

I paid for the super priority (24hours service i.e.) and not sure how this would be applied given the circumstances as at now (complete UK lockdown).

Thanking you in advance of a positive prompt response."

CIH Response:
Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team.

I can confirm that we have temporarily closed the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centre Services (UKVCAS) service points and our Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you are intending to enrol your biometrics at a Post Office you should check the availability of services through the Post Office finder, as advised on your Biometric Enrolment letter, or through updates on GOV.UK.

If you’ve already made an appointment

If you’ve already made an appointment to attend a UKVCAS service point or Service and Support Centre, the service provider will contact you to cancel it.

As services resume you’ll be contacted and advised when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

In line with the government response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Super Priority Visa (SPV) and Priority Visa (PV) services were temporarily suspended across all relevant application routes on 30 March 2020. The services were suspended for overseas applications on 24 March 2020.

The suspension will be reviewed in light of the wider response to COVID-19, but we cannot advise at this time on when it will be lifted.

If you had already started and saved an application prior to the removal of the SPV and PV options, you might still see them. However, we have placed messages in the application process to advise customers not select or pay for these options.

We are aiming to meet the SPV and PV service standards for customers who have enrolled their biometrics. If we are not able to do so because of operational constraints relating to COVID-19, we will write to customers and refund the priority service fee.

Please continue to check the GOV.UK website, where up to date advice on our response to COVID-19 is published. The latest information and advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

The latest travel advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... ronavirus

Coronavirus Immigration Team.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Thank you so much for updating us all.

May I ask how many days did it take for CIH to reply back?

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Is there any confirmation that the postponed appointments will still go ahead? I'm worried that once my appointment date arrives (11th May) it will be postponed again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:04 pm

amrotab123 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 pm
Is there any confirmation that the postponed appointments will still go ahead? I'm worried that once my appointment date arrives (11th May) it will be postponed again.
No one really know how things unfold in the days to come. Given, the current situation, its likely it may be postponed further. Lets see what decision the govt takes on 12th-13th Apr to extend the lock down or not. I personally think it will be extended.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Unless the numbers go significantly down in the coming weeks you should expect the current lockdown to be extended until at least 1st June (possibly July)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:24 pm
Thank you so much for updating us all.

May I ask how many days did it take for CIH to reply back?
I sent CIH the email on Monday 30th March 2020.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm

t2momodu wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi all,

As we are all waiting for the UKVCAS centre to be re-opened, I sent an email to the CIH and this was the response I got today.

My original email:
"I submitted my settlement application (indefinite leave to remain) online on 23rd March 2020 and booked my biometric appointment for 08.00am on 30/03/2020 at the Croydon Service support Centre, I have been advised by UKVCAS that their services have been suspended as a result of travel restrictions due to Covid-19 (corona virus) and I can confirm that I have now been automatically rescheduled an appointment for 11th May 2020 at 08.00am.

As I have applied well within my qualifying period, I hope this would not negatively affect my application for settlement as I have paid in full the amount required for both the application and the biometric appointment.

I paid for the super priority (24hours service i.e.) and not sure how this would be applied given the circumstances as at now (complete UK lockdown).

Thanking you in advance of a positive prompt response."

CIH Response:
Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team.

I can confirm that we have temporarily closed the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centre Services (UKVCAS) service points and our Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you are intending to enrol your biometrics at a Post Office you should check the availability of services through the Post Office finder, as advised on your Biometric Enrolment letter, or through updates on GOV.UK.

If you’ve already made an appointment to attend a UKVCAS service point or Service and Support Centre, the service provider will contact you to cancel it.

As services resume you’ll be contacted and advised when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

In line with the government response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Super Priority Visa (SPV) and Priority Visa (PV) services were temporarily suspended across all relevant application routes on 30 March 2020. The services were suspended for overseas applications on 24 March 2020.

The suspension will be reviewed in light of the wider response to COVID-19, but we cannot advise at this time on when it will be lifted.

If you had already started and saved an application prior to the removal of the SPV and PV options, you might still see them. However, we have placed messages in the application process to advise customers not select or pay for these options.

We are aiming to meet the SPV and PV service standards for customers who have enrolled their biometrics. If we are not able to do so because of operational constraints relating to COVID-19, we will write to customers and refund the priority service fee.

Please continue to check the GOV.UK website, where up to date advice on our response to COVID-19 is published. The latest information and advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... ronavirus

Coronavirus Immigration Team.
It looks like by reading HO email, that the new applicants can still enroll bio metrics at post offices under standard application ? Have I understood right?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm

ilrupdates wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm
It looks like by reading HO email, that the new applicants can still enroll bio metrics at post offices under standard application ? Have I understood right?
You can only enrol biometrics at the Post Office if HO has sent you a letter to do so as you need the letter to take with you. Only certain limited routes are still postal type applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 pm

spikky wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:34 pm
I'd scheduled my biometrics appointment for 23rd April given the current situation with Covid-19. However, I've received an email from UKVCAS today stating all activities at UKVCAS/Sopra Steria are suspended and my appointment will have to be rescehduled and no action needed that the appointment will be automatically rescheduled upto 6 weeks ahead of the original appointment date and to keep logging in and checking the website for rescheduled appointment or look for when appointments are activated and re-book.

I logged in and saw my current appointment for 23rd April is still intact but if activities are suspended, then have to reschedule.

Long delay indeed.

Spikky.
Just checked UKVCAS and my appointment has been automatically rescheduled to June 4th! I can't reschedule it as the booking system is not open, there's only a cancel button and I better not cancel it.

However, this is way beyond the 40 day period for enrolling biometrics following online application submission. Strange times.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Same thing happened to me my appointment is beyond the 45 days too...

I dont think its an issues as it is out of our hands.

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:12 am

My appointment was postponed from 30 March 2020 to 11 May 2020, I was wondering if there are any appointments earlier to 11 May 2020? Did you get any notification that these appointments will still go ahead?

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:52 pm

same - I was originally due to give biometrics on 30.03.2020 but it was automatically rescheduled for 11.05.2020, with govt. planning to extend lockdown for another 3 weeks from today (21 days), I'm guessing this is till May 6th and on that date we would know better.

Fingers crossed, patiently waiting!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Given the situation, no one really knows, the lockdown is extended today for AT LEAST 3 weeks. I personally think that might be extended further. So really, have to wait and see the official announcement on HO and UKVCAS websites in the days to come. Hope they open soon!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Americaninlondon321
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Americaninlondon321 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 pm

My visa expires April 28th. I submitted my ILR application online but was unable to book a biometrics appointment due to the UKVCAS shutdown. Should I also apply for the May 31 visa extension? Or am I OK given my visa terms should remain valid until my ILR application is decided (even if I cant book an appointment by the biometrics enrollment deadline)? I emailed CIH to confirm about 10 working days ago but no reply.

Wish they could just collect my documents by courier and use my existing BRP data but hey ho.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Americaninlondon321 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 pm
My visa expires April 28th. I submitted my ILR application online but was unable to book a biometrics appointment due to the UKVCAS shutdown. Should I also apply for the May 31 visa extension? Or am I OK given my visa terms should remain valid until my ILR application is decided (even if I cant book an appointment by the biometrics enrollment deadline)? I emailed CIH to confirm about 10 working days ago but no reply.

Wish they could just collect my documents by courier and use my existing BRP data but hey ho.
You can apply for ILR before visa expiry. You will be protected under Section 3C until your ILR application is decided.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am

So are you allowed to legally continue working with your same employer under section 3C if your tier 2 visa expires and you”re waiting for your ILR decision?

If you need to change sponsor or employer while waiting for an ILR decision how can that be done? Do you ask them for a COS, submit a tier 2 visa application and work with them while waiting for the decision ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am
So are you allowed to legally continue working with your same employer under section 3C if your tier 2 visa expires and you”re waiting for your ILR decision?

If you need to change sponsor or employer while waiting for an ILR decision how can that be done? Do you ask them for a COS, submit a tier 2 visa application and work with them while waiting for the decision ?
Yes, all your same rights if your existing tier 2 visa continue, ie you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor. You cant just change jobs. You would have to withdraw the ilr application before you can apply for tier 2 if you qualify to extend tier 2. You cannot have two immigration applications at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am
underfire222 wrote:

Yes, all your same rights if your existing tier 2 visa continue, ie you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor. You cant just change jobs. You would have to withdraw the ilr application before you can apply for tier 2 if you qualify to extend tier 2. You cannot have two immigration applications at the same time.
Many thanks for your swift reply.

May I ask please how is section 3C obtained , is that automatically issued from the home office or you have to notify someone or apply before your visa expires.

On 3C, can I continue to work with the same sponsor/Employer but in a different job position and department. For example I'm currently working in A/E in an NHS hospital. Can I shift to a different department like Intensive care in the same NHS Trust? Both are under the same SOC code of medical practitioners. My current contract with the hospital expires on Feb 21 but I can get an extension towards the end of my contract with the hospital either in the same department or a different one...

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:12 am
CR001 wrote:
underfire222 wrote:

May I ask please how is section 3C obtained , is that automatically issued from the home office or you have to notify someone or apply before your visa expires.

On 3C, can I continue to work with the same sponsor/Employer but in a different job position and department. For example I'm currently working in A/E in an NHS hospital. Can I shift to a different department like Intensive care in the same NHS Trust? Both are under the same SOC code of medical practitioners. My current contract with the hospital expires on Feb 21 but I can get an extension towards the end of my contract with the hospital either in the same department or a different one...

Thanks
Section 3C is automatic if an in time application is made.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Char (CR001 not Casa)

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am
underfire222 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
underfire222 wrote:

Thanks

Thank you that's really re-assuring.

If things keep getting delayed and I come to the end of my contract and Tier 2 visa in Feb 21. Can I extend my work with the same employer/Sponsor in a different job position and department on section 3C terms, or it has to be the same job position and department. Both would be the same SOC code of medical practitioners.

Thank you for your kind advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:29 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:06 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 am
underfire222 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks

Thank you that's really re-assuring.

If things keep getting delayed and I come to the end of my contract and Tier 2 visa in Feb 21. Can I extend my work with the same employer/Sponsor in a different job position and department on section 3C terms, or it has to be the same job position and department. Both would be the same SOC code of medical practitioners.

Thank you for your kind advice
You have already asked this question in your own topic and received responses. Please continue there instead of posting duplicate questions in this specific topic subject.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Garlon
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Garlon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
underfire222 wrote:

Hi, I am exactly in this position that I am waiting for the ILR then switch job. But now it all comes to uncertainty waiting.
I have received UKVCAS email postponing my super priority service appointment to 29th May, also stating that I can cancel the appointment.
My question is: how can I withdraw the ILR application? I could not find a button/route on the UKVI website. I also wrote to the CIH team about withdrawing but their reply is just the template one, as follow:
"Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team.

If you are intending to enrol your biometrics at a Post Office you should check the availability of services through the Post Office finder, as advised on your Biometric Enrolment letter, or through updates on GOV.​UK.

Please continue to check the GOV.​UK website, where up to date advice is published. The latest information and advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus

Coronavirus Immigration Team"

Please Kindly advise, many thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Americaninlondon321 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 pm

The date of application is the date you paid and applied online. As long you have done that, biometrics date is irrelevant. You get 45 working days to submit biometrics but under the current situation you will not be penalised for late biometrics submission. You are protected by Section 3c once you have applied online in time.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 am

I am applying for my ILR in July - I'm very concerned about the appts cancellations and was wondering if someone can let me know if the postponed biometrics appointments take place or if they're postponed again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 am
I am applying for my ILR in July - I'm very concerned about the appts cancellations and was wondering if someone can let me know if the postponed biometrics appointments take place or if they're postponed again
The centres are ALL currently closed. Members have reported postponed appointments being postponed again. There will likely be a bit of a backlog once the centres do reopen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)