ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last Entry Date on Visa Vignette Expiring due to COVID-19

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Last Entry Date on Visa Vignette Expiring due to COVID-19

Post by nishupandey » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 am

Hi,
I have been granted Tier 2 general dependent Visa. Initially I have received a 30 days Visa Vignette where the last date of entry is mentioned as 12th April,2020. Since it is complete lock down of domestic and international flights from India till 14th April, I will not be able to travel by the date mentioned in the Visa Vignette. Can I request your guidance about the provision in this case.

I can understand there is chargeable "transfer of condition" available but that is applicable in normal circumstances .Is there any special provision of extension on the arrival date ,due to COVID -19 ? Can I enter UK using the same visa vignette ?

Thank You.
Nishu

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Last Entry Date on Visa Vignette Expiring due to COVID-19

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 am

A host of people are in similar situation. HO has just started providing information about considerations being made to accommodate some changes due to COVID-19, hoping they get to addressing matters about people with vignette that are unable to make entry into UK within the validity.
Keep up with news and do check this forum as the able moderators and or forum members will post when there is such info.

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishupandey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am

Thank you so much.
Hoping to get the answer soon as last entry is approaching.
Waiting for any update over the same.

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 am

Hi Nishu,

Did you get any further update on the outside UK vignette extension ?

I have sent emails to CIH@homeofffice.gov.uk and it's been more than 5 days with no reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 am
Hi Nishu,

I have sent emails to CIH@homeofffice.gov.uk and it's been more than 5 days with no reply.
The priority for HO at the moment and for who the email address is mainly for, is for those in the UK with expired or soon to expire visas and unable to travel or leave the UK. Those outside the UK applying for or with entry clearance visas are not top priority at this stage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dsraja
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsraja » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:48 am

Hi,
Same situation here, even my visa vignette expiration date is on 24th April,2020. Still awaiting for an response from CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:38 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishupandey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 pm

cyberstud23 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 am
Hi Nishu,

Hi,

No update over it. no reply from CIH but called on helpline number. After 1 and a half hour got connected and got a reply that there is no provision/extension made for such case yet. Will be updated on gov site once something comes up.

Do keep posted of any update you get.

Thanks

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishupandey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi,

Can you help with when we can apply for visa vignette transfer? Can it be applied after last entry date expires?

ankitach
Newly Registered
India

Post by ankitach » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 am

My husband and I are in a similar situation. Our vignette expires on April 24th. With the current lockdown in India, there is no clarity if international flights will be allowed. I have also written to the home office but have not received a response yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:27 am

nishupandey wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi,

Can you help with when we can apply for visa vignette transfer? Can it be applied after last entry date expires?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geos92
Newly Registered
France

Post by geos92 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:27 am
Yes.
To be aware: entering the UK after Tier 2 last entry date with valid visitor visa still possible? Is this not a violation?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:00 am

geos92 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 am
To be aware: entering the UK after Tier 2 last entry date with valid visitor visa still possible? Is this not a violation?
Of course, it would be impossible.

Question was about applying for a new vignette after expiry of the old one, not about entering the UK with an expired vignette.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

dsraja
Newly Registered
India

Post by dsraja » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am

Hi,
Just received an update from UKVI support to await and check for the latest updates on a gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/ with regards to visa vignette expiration.
Still awaiting for response from CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk.
Thanks,
Senthil

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:11 am

dsraja wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am
Just received an update from UKVI support to await and check for the latest updates on a gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/ with regards to visa vignette expiration.
Still awaiting for response from CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk.
No disrespect, but please try to stand back and put this in some perspective.

There is a global health emergency affecting the lives and plans of many millions of people in every country. Your (and everyone's) UK visa and your travel plans are now suspended until this worldwide crisis is under control.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nishupandey
Newly Registered
India

Post by nishupandey » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:27 am
nishupandey wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi,

Yes.

Thank you.
Also to apply for visa vignette is there any number of days before which we should apply or it stands ok till visa is valid?

Aap5
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aap5 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:20 am

Did anyone get reply on Vignette replacement from CIH?

Rashik
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rashik » Thu May 21, 2020 5:52 pm

We are awaiting reply as well from CIH helpline. ... did anyone get a response or extension? Please advise.

kyatezz

Post by kyatezz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:11 am

Today we went to the Hyderabad UK visa centre (VFS Global) for getting an extension for the expired vignette for our new born baby. One month vignette expired as we could not travel due to ban on international flights from India.

Hope this helps others:
- No need to resubmit biometrics (so need not bring infant to the centre, as the photograph and biometrics were already taken)

- New visa application need not be applied ( even if the travel dates mentioned in original application would have been crossed/ passed)

- Evidence that the applicant/ responsible person reached out to the corona helpline (CIH@homeoffice.co.uk) and any correspondence from them (even if its just an auto reply) must be submitted

- If applicant/ responsible individual created a new application (on Gov.UK) / paid for any premium services for visa centre (vfs global), refunds can be applied

- passport and original GWF reference and copy of expired visa vignette need to be submitted at the Visa centres and this will be processed in or less than 14 days and passport with nee vignette will be sent back.

Am not sure if an agent can represent the Application so that applicant also need not travel, but we ended up travelling and submitting the passport as we were not sure about it.

Cheers, good luck!!

Ahmed_hassan_2020
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Ahmed_hassan_2020 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:42 am

thank you @kyatezz it is very useful :D, can you advise about the follow please :
Did you fill in any application online/paper?
How did you book an appointment (it must be via UK.gov only), did you do the new application?
How do you apply for new Vignette without reply from CIH , doses the application centre accept this approach?
is the new Vignette valid for 90 days?

kyatezz

Post by kyatezz » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Did you fill in any application online/paper?

If its a vignette extension due to CoVID, no need for a new application. Just carry a print of your old application form/ alternatively if you had filled the form on paper before, it may suffice for you to carry the GWF reference number/ acknowledgement that you applied previously.

How did you book an appointment (it must be via UK.gov only), did you do the new application?

Appointments are to be booked with VFS Global

How do you apply for new Vignette without reply from CIH , doses the application centre accept this approach?
is the new Vignette valid for 90 days?

Many did not get any reply, so just take a print of your first email to CIH along with any acknowledgement/ auto response you may have got. Even if you did not get any auto response, it should be okay. To be on safe side, just email CIH again, you may get the auto response the second time. We did not receive the passport back, but I read somewhere it will be for 90 days now.

See if you can contact VFS just in case you have any other query/ want to validate the above (as guidance is changing constantly)

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/news/ ... s-in-india

hareenpatel
Mood:

Post by hareenpatel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you @kyatezz for your help. I was in similar situation and read your post on 14th July and gave me confidence for my wife's application.

I actually ended up making application at gov.uk and paid for it, then booked appointment with VFS and then come to know they do not need new application and they suggested to cancel the application and ask for refund.

This is what VFS said:
  • Visit VFS within 5 days after sending this email
  • No need to book appointment with VFS, you can just walk-in
  • You need to bring your passport with previous vignette on it
  • And bring printout of email sent to home office and their auto response
Thats it basically.
However we have had quite bit of experience which I have shared in detail at my blog: weblink to blog removed by moderator

Not sure if it is allowed to post a link in this forum, but it is a quite a long post as I have shared entire experience of renewing 30 day visa validity.