ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding returning to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Regarding returning to the UK

Post by hdimantha » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:16 am

Hope you are well and safe,

I have posted similar case before but now the situation has changed.

I'm just verifying some information regarding returning to the UK and my continuous residency in there.

Briefly, I'm outside the UK (Sri Lanka) now. I've granted pre-settlement status in 2019 and I should be returned to the UK within 6 months (180 days) to maintain the continuous residency so that i can apply for settled status in 2024. It will be 6 months to middle of this month (April).

With this pandemic situation, the Sri Lankan Gov. has put the curfew to control it and i cannot leave the house. Even if i could sneak out and go, finding transportation is impossible. And i also don’t want to go there as it is unsafe to travel and much worse the situation in the UK than in Sri Lanka.

Some say it's ok to stay for more than 6 months if you have a good reason. Would this reason be considered as a valid one? If so, How do i tell them and how to check the residence information such as duration and whether the continuity is broken or not?

And if i can stay extended amount of time, how long can i stay and what are the conditions that i need to know in future travels outside the UK?

I cannot find any official statements or updates regarding this on any UK Gov sites.

Please help and need advice. :)

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding returning to the UK

Post by hdimantha » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Does anyone know anything about it?

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:07 pm

This is a good reason because is a pandemic problem.
There is absolutely nothing to worry, just stay Home, take care of your self and your family.

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Post by hdimantha » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 am

Thank you.

That’s all i want to know. Because people say different kind of things, so I thought of asking it from experts who have more experience in cases like this.

Anyway, If i stay longer period of time here, then it will be falling in to “the single absence of up to 12 conservative months for an important reason” category. Right?

So let’s say that has happened and then if i want to, will i be able to visit my family again in the coming years until granting the settled status by taking “absences of up to 6 months in any 12 month period.

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm

This link below is for those who could not leave Uk because of Corona, which means they are also people who could not come back because of Corona.
https://gov.smartwebportal.co.uk/homeof ... id2=5C97E7

Secondly, they understand and made it clear, they could be some reasons why you could spend more than 6months outside Uk in a single 12months period.

I guess no one will give you a definitive answer to your questions, but again, i have seen people stay 1 year outside uk for a health reason, came back and still got thing sorted out.

This is a serious Pandemic problem, and will absolutely be a justifiable reasons in cancelling any planned trip, in and out of Uk, or even your own own country.

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Post by hdimantha » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:18 am

MYRA4U wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm
This link below is for those who could not leave Uk because of Corona, which means they are also people who could not come back because of Corona.
https://gov.smartwebportal.co.uk/homeof ... id2=5C97E7

Secondly, they understand and made it clear, they could be some reasons why you could spend more than 6months outside Uk in a single 12months period.

I guess no one will give you a definitive answer to your questions, but again, i have seen people stay 1 year outside uk for a health reason, came back and still got thing sorted out.

This is a serious Pandemic problem, and will absolutely be a justifiable reasons in cancelling any planned trip, in and out of Uk, or even your own own country.
Thank you for your reply and information. :)

Much appreciated the help!

I hope It will not break the continuity of my residency. :|